• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Adventure offroad park

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5 level kit with rear add a leaf appox. 1.5
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Buy it, build it, and drive it like you stole it
So went to adventure offroad park today and found that these trais are not for beginners and guys with brand new trucks. But had a blast. Better half did as well haha

IMG_8484.jpg
IMG_8527.jpg
IMG_8560.jpg

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
So where is this place at?

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
South Pittsburgh TN. Look at some videos before you go. It's not for the faint of heart. Easy trails can be a little challenging. let's just say it was a little more than I wanted to do in my 4 month old truck. In saying that it did awesome. I'd almost say a rear locker is a must.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I wouldn't be doing it in a 4 month old truck, but if you made it through in a new ranger with no body damage I think I could make it in this thing.

IMG_0881.jpg

Might take a little body damage, but half of it needs to be replaced anyway. What it lacks in lockers, I think it makes up for with a super low low range when in granny gear and 4 low. All that said I'd be sticking to easy trails myself, since I lack experience and need to be able to drive it home. It'll be a little while before it's up to the drive though, lots of work to do and I'd need to start a savings account for the trip (it likes to drink).

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
I wouldn't be doing it in a 4 month old truck, but if you made it through in a new ranger with no body damage I think I could make it in this thing.

View attachment 59261

Might take a little body damage, but half of it needs to be replaced anyway. What it lacks in lockers, I think it makes up for with a super low low range when in granny gear and 4 low. All that said I'd be sticking to easy trails myself, since I lack experience and need to be able to drive it home. It'll be a little while before it's up to the drive though, lots of work to do and I'd need to start a savings account for the trip (it likes to drink).
That's awesome. Yeah there are some tight runs but that thing looks way more capable than these
20210424_111059.jpg

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That's awesome. Yeah there are some tight runs but that thing looks way more capable than these
Well, I wouldn't knock the capability of those either, I'm probably just a little more willing to get body damage. That's only because everything behind the cab is more body filler than metal. Once I start fixing the body I'll be a little more hesitant about where I take it, but I would like to see what it can do before then.

I've never offroaded the truck, just go it back running in 2019 after a 12 year nap, then it was broke again all of last year. I rode in it a lot with dad before I ever got a drivers license. Mostly rough logging logging road stuff that most people wouldn't think about driving on when wet, but never got stuck and almost never used 4x4. Probably had more to do with the driver than the truck.

I think the only times I ever remember him actually engaging the 4x4 was to retrieve stuck trailers. One when I was real little, a friend of his had a trailer jump off the ball going down the highway and it ran off into the edge of a swamp, towing company said it was lost. He drove the truck in, hooked up and drug the trailer back out.

The other was a scout camping trailer. This thing was actually an 8x10 or 8x12 storage building with a heavy duty steel frame and axle bolted under it. Scout master packed it so tight floor to ceiling that if everything wasn't exactly where it belonged it all wasn't going back in. Shortly after I was out of the troop they went camping on some local farm land they got permission to use. It had a lot wet spot that never dried out and the owner was going to convert this portion into a pond and build a house there IIRC. Well scout master drove his 2wd, crew cab, long bed, Chevy 2500 right through the center of it. Needless to say both truck and trailer got stuck. They called, we tried to go help but couldn't find the place that night. By the time we got there the next morning the property owner had come and tried to help. They got the truck out and stuck a big John Deere front end loader w/ backhoe. Dad got there the next morning, I had to work IIRC, drove through the mud pit they made, hooked to the tractor, and drove right on out. Heard those boys talking about it for months, truck screaming, mud flying everywhere, and drove it right on out. To add insult to injury, he then hotwired the tractor and crab walked it out of the hole before the owner got back.

Sorry got of on a tangent. Lot of good memories in that truck, want to make a few more like that before I get to the point of not messing it up again. I'll still use it like a truck, but a little more cautious.

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.
Looks like a great time. Nice looking Ranger and D40.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Looks like you had fun. That's what it's all about.

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Well, I wouldn't knock the capability of those either, I'm probably just a little more willing to get body damage. That's only because everything behind the cab is more body filler than metal. Once I start fixing the body I'll be a little more hesitant about where I take it, but I would like to see what it can do before then.

I've never offroaded the truck, just go it back running in 2019 after a 12 year nap, then it was broke again all of last year. I rode in it a lot with dad before I ever got a drivers license. Mostly rough logging logging road stuff that most people wouldn't think about driving on when wet, but never got stuck and almost never used 4x4. Probably had more to do with the driver than the truck.

I think the only times I ever remember him actually engaging the 4x4 was to retrieve stuck trailers. One when I was real little, a friend of his had a trailer jump off the ball going down the highway and it ran off into the edge of a swamp, towing company said it was lost. He drove the truck in, hooked up and drug the trailer back out.

The other was a scout camping trailer. This thing was actually an 8x10 or 8x12 storage building with a heavy duty steel frame and axle bolted under it. Scout master packed it so tight floor to ceiling that if everything wasn't exactly where it belonged it all wasn't going back in. Shortly after I was out of the troop they went camping on some local farm land they got permission to use. It had a lot wet spot that never dried out and the owner was going to convert this portion into a pond and build a house there IIRC. Well scout master drove his 2wd, crew cab, long bed, Chevy 2500 right through the center of it. Needless to say both truck and trailer got stuck. They called, we tried to go help but couldn't find the place that night. By the time we got there the next morning the property owner had come and tried to help. They got the truck out and stuck a big John Deere front end loader w/ backhoe. Dad got there the next morning, I had to work IIRC, drove through the mud pit they made, hooked to the tractor, and drove right on out. Heard those boys talking about it for months, truck screaming, mud flying everywhere, and drove it right on out. To add insult to injury, he then hotwired the tractor and crab walked it out of the hole before the owner got back.

Sorry got of on a tangent. Lot of good memories in that truck, want to make a few more like that before I get to the point of not messing it up again. I'll still use it like a truck, but a little more cautious.
Great story. If you cant get off track on a forum where can you. Nice resurrection to restoration. memories with cars and truck and dad are the best I have. Good luck and have fun

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
Looks like a great time. Nice looking Ranger and D40.
Thanks. They will both be at the round up this year. He messed up a hub on driver side. Still drove 2 hrs back home though.

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
If you're in middle TN, we might be able to get a regular convoy going from BGKY north..

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
What park or trails? I could be down to go.

Robertmangrum.rm

Wannabe Overlander
Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
305/70r17
My credo
If you're in middle TN, we might be able to get a regular convoy going from BGKY north..
We could make that happen. Probably gonna head up about lunchtime that Friday.

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
Sounds reasonable to me. I might have a friend from work coming with 4-wheelers and in-laws there with a couple side by sides.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals