• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Acceleration pedal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I just wanted to know how I could adjust the acceleration pedal on my 1995 2.3l because the pedal seems to be kind of loose and doesnt accelerate as much. thnx:dunno:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Yep, that should tighten things up a bit...I also have a mod for older Rangers...it might apply to some of the newer ones...but I think (hope) Ford corrected it...the cable comes out and angles up sharply to connect to the pedal...I just drilled a new hole so the cable co$es straight into it...needs a few more zip ties...or some new cable ends...found some at NAPA that should work...haven't made the tech bulletin yet though...

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Yep, that should tighten things up a bit...I also have a mod for older Rangers...it might apply to some of the newer ones...but I think (hope) Ford corrected it...the cable comes out and angles up sharply to connect to the pedal...I just drilled a new hole so the cable co$es straight into it...needs a few more zip ties...or some new cable ends...found some at NAPA that should work...haven't made the tech bulletin yet though...
DOOOO it:icon_thumby:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Will do...just been focusing on more pressing needs...got the parts...might get to it today if it's warm enough...didn't take pics of the pedal mod because I didn't have a camera at the time...

Edit: Tried taking photos of the pedal but could not get a clear shot...the hole I drilled is about two inches below the original at the top of the pedal...I also cut through to the hole from the side of the pedal on a downward angle so the cable could be slid into place or removed easily if necessary...

I was going to redo the cable because it has gotten a bit busy anyways...but may have to wait on that till next year...

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
OK...I got some pics...and I learned a thing or two...like don't try to fix something that isn't broken...I decided to modify my pedal because taking pics under the dash is not as easy as I'd thought...

Started freezing rain about halfway through....so kneeling in the doorway working. Upside down with rain pelting me was....not something I wanted to do on Friday night...but I can pt together a tech bulletin...not till next year though...unless I can make the library tomorrow....

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Thmx to all of you guys for the help...I really apreciate it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals