• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Absolutely heart breaking waste

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
You think that lasted a while, look at the ol' 300.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXA3cbhdzhc

That's right, it's 8 min long.....it goes.............ALL.................THE...............WAY!!!!!!:icon_thumby:

Notice how others only last.....2-3 minutes, others a minute, and some even 30sec. lol

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
thats like the dudes blowin up a v10 that was turned in for cash for clunkers, it lasterd a long azz time with them red lining it. at 58xxx miles it was barely broken in

necessaryevil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have a buddy whos father own a local junk yard, he way telling me that during the c4c thing they wouldnt use the glass bead stuff in the 4.0l and the 5.0l because it just would not work, they would just drain the oil, start it up, and leave a brick on the gas peddle, and walk away.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i have a buddy whos father own a local junk yard, he way telling me that during the c4c thing they wouldnt use the glass bead stuff in the 4.0l and the 5.0l because it just would not work, they would just drain the oil, start it up, and leave a brick on the gas peddle, and walk away.
The dealers blew them up. Not the boneyards.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
The dealers blew them up. Not the boneyards.
Depends on where you were. Dealers were allowed to farm out that part with the right paper work. The dealer I was working at during C4C contracted that part out to PADE auto auction and several local junk yards because we didn't have the time or space to blow the engines and then have a bunch of blown up cars sitting around.

maemae

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 Cyl
Transmission
Manual
Cash for clunkers is one of another big scams placed on the American people by the government. The people thought they were getting a good deal, getting up to 4500, for their clunker. In reality they got stuck with a brand new foreign "eco" pos, that produced more pollutants being made, then their old clunker engine would of. Im all for going green, but this is completely stupid. The people who traded in that explorer got scammed big time; that's worth way more than 4500.

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
Cash for clunkers is one of another big scams placed on the American people by the government. The people thought they were getting a good deal, getting up to 4500, for their clunker. In reality they got stuck with a brand new foreign "eco" pos, that produced more pollutants being made, then their old clunker engine would of. Im all for going green, but this is completely stupid. The people who traded in that explorer got scammed big time; that's worth way more than 4500.
NO DOUBT! The idea sounded good, but snobs were trading up perfectly good cars to by KIAs and Hyundais That DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to Stimulate American Manufacturing! Really some uptight prick that "clunks" a 2005 Explorer Limited with 34K miles on it to buy a F*cking KIA!??? AHHHH It's enough to make me have a STROKE!

On the plus side the JY has been a nice place to be lately though

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Unless you are looking for a Engine................

michowski

Reaction score
Not only does making an "eco friendly" car make more pollution to make vs keeping what you have, but I bet the 4500 people got for the trade in isnt gonna be enough to stop them from getting there brand new car repo'd in the near future. I hope they release a % that shows how many were repo'd because they couldnt really afford the car in the long run.

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
Auto Transes Wrecked Too?

Does anyone know if they were wrecking the trans's too? I heard that in some places they put the solution in A/T's as well???

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
dont think so, trannies are probly ok.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals