Abs light on

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
So before trying to fix my brake lights cause they weren’t turning on when stepping on the brake pedals , my ABS light was flashing 4 times and 5th time staying on , I fixed the brake lights , including the cargo lights and the courtesy lights , the abs light doesn’t flash anymore , it just stays on , what does that code mean since in the chart doesn’t say , and the brake fluid is full so I don’t know what it could be

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 32B05A80BF19AF Expires: July 1st, 2020

lil_Blue_Ford

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Could be the sensor in the rear axle died. It’s not uncommon with these, I’ve replaced a few. The ABS system in my green Ranger is FUBAR, I just ignore the light. I put all new sensors in and it was still tripping, so I pulled the pump fuse and figured I would sort it out later, pretty sure the control module died or there is a short in mine. It’s all getting changed when I change axles anyway, but it’s been like this for about 2 years so it’s not like it’s a serious problem for driving.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Could be the sensor in the rear axle died. It’s not uncommon with these, I’ve replaced a few. The ABS system in my green Ranger is FUBAR, I just ignore the light. I put all new sensors in and it was still tripping, so I pulled the pump fuse and figured I would sort it out later, pretty sure the control module died or there is a short in mine. It’s all getting changed when I change axles anyway, but it’s been like this for about 2 years so it’s not like it’s a serious problem for driving.
Thank you !! But do you happen to know what is the name of that sensor . I’ll try to replace it

lil_Blue_Ford

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Although the sensor in the rear axle is most likely suspect, the best way to know is with a scan tool. I ended up with Forscan on my laptop and could run diagnostics and could see the sensor fall off at a certain speed. So that just confirmed my suspicion. I’ve heard it called an ABS sensor and I’ve heard it called a speed sensor.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Although the sensor in the rear axle is most likely suspect, the best way to know is with a scan tool. I ended up with Forscan on my laptop and could run diagnostics and could see the sensor fall off at a certain speed. So that just confirmed my suspicion. I’ve heard it called an ABS sensor and I’ve heard it called a speed sensor.
Thank you so much !! I will give it a check . This truck has a lot of little details , seemed like the past owner really didn’t pay mind to the truck