• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ABS light on, pulled fuse power and light still on

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
My ABS is on. I pulled the fuse for the power to the ABS module. Light stayed on. But got dimmer. Everytime I step on the brake pedal, the light gets brighter. Now I'm really confused. I also found out that someone put a 30 amp fuse where a 15 amp fuse at the #13 fuse spot in the I/P box is supposed to be. I know that will cause issues but where should I start looking?

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
mine is on as well. sucks cause my parking brake handle is broken, so sometimes I screw up and dont release the pbrakes 100% only to find out 10 miles away that I have been driving with the pbrake slightly on.
If my ABS/ Brake light would go out then I would know that the pbrake is on or not. WHY is the ABS on anyway? the truck performs as normal.

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Fuse 10 powers RABS Keep Alive Power among its other circuits (ext lamps, turn/stop/hazard), could explain the behavior. LG wire to the ABS Module

Fuse 15 is probably the one you pulled.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
I pulled the #14 fuse. I'm sure of it. It had a 15 amp fuse in it. It was supposed to have a 20 amp fuse. But like I said there was a 30 amp fuse that was in the #13 spot.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
Ok. I noticed that if I take out the ABS power fuse and apply the brake, and then reinstall the fuse, the light will stay off until I take the brake off. What malfunctioning component would be causing this?

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
I was looking at a wiring diagram for the RABS system and had a brain spark. Could the light green wire coming off the brake on/off (BOO) switch be shorted with the tan/light green wire going to the brake fluid level switch? Because if that is grounded, it would certainly cause the RABS module to throw a low fluid level code. Or could having a bad brake fluid level switch be causing the light to turn on? God this is giving me a headache.

Ak907Girl

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/ 11,370Miles
Transmission
Manual
Try taking apart your dash.

Did you buy your truck used? If you did someone might have messed with stuff under the dash (that always pisses me off.) The kid I bought my ranger from thought that the alternator was bad, but I had it tested before i bought it and it was fine (and I totally screwed this kid over... lol) The idiot kid didn't have any fuses in it. HA! I bought $1,000 truck for $495! but after a few hundred miles I had to change out the alternator.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
There isn't any "custom" wiring under the dash, other than the wiring for my fog lights. There is however "custom" wiring for a trailer harness that runs from the starter solenoid on the left fender to the left rear taillight. I wonder about the dumbass that did that job.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals