• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ABS and Cruise

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
I have a couple problems on my 2003 xl. A while back I installed some coil spacers on the front for some lift, and in the process of removing the springs I had to disconnect my ABS sensors. Since I got it put back together, the ABS light won't go off. By slamming on brakes on a dirt road, I learned that it looks like the right front wheel locks up so I tried taking the sensor back off and making sure it was in the right way, but I haven't accomplished anything. Any ideas?

In other news, my cruise control hasn't worked in a while. My dad took it to the ford dealership a while back and asked if they could at least tell him if maybe a fuse was blown (no manual and he didn't think to google it) and they pretty much just pointed to the computer in the corner and kept eating their sandwiches. Anyway, any ideas about this problem? I've since looked and it's not a fuse problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual

xkotyx

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im sure somebody who is more familiar with this will chime in soon. we got some pretty helpful ford mechanics here along with a ton of us backyard guys

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
I hope so. Neither problem is a huge deal, but the ABS light gets annoying, and I'd like to be able to use my cruise control since my truck is equipped with it. It'll probably help my mpg's too.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Cruise control won't work because there is a brake system issue. Fix the ABS system and the cruise control should work again.

Check to make sure all the sensors are hooked up and the wirings isn't broken around the coils. Disconnect the battery, turn the IGN on for a few seconds and then turn it off, reconnect the battery. This should hopefully clear the ABS code.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
^ agreed, also pull the plug apart and make sure the terminals aren't bent over. I know sometimes when plugging those small connectors back together they can get out of line and when pushing it together it will bend over. But unhooking the battery should clear the code as well.

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Thanks! I'll try that. And the cruise stopped working long before I had ABS issues.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hmm check all your cruise fuses, they should be listed in your owners manual. It could be your actuator is bad, might have to have ford or a tech with a good scan tool check it out

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals