• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A4ld with serious issues

Rmot73

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I recently purchased my 94 Ranger with 200,000 miles on the clock. It was having shifting issues going into overdrive so I dropped the pan and found that the 3-4 shift solenoid had shorted out and also burnt up the shift control connector . I replaced both the 3-4 shift and TCC solenoids with a master kit and replaced the connector and pigtail . Now the trans still will not shift into overdrive and will not shift out of 1st until around 35 mph . So that made me change out the modulator valve and still am having the same problem with the truck shifting hard coming out of 1st gear and not shifting into overdrive . Please can anyone give any suggestions as to what else to do or check ?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals