• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A4LD to M5OD swap

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Oh seems pretty easy, I was wondering if you guys think I should get a junkyard or get a rebuilt one from Jasper?
If your budget allows for a rebuilt one, in theory that would be the way to go.

Just be more picky with junkyard transmissions. If you can inspect it prior to buying one, do so... pull the top cover, look for wear on all the little gear teeth and see if there are any chunks of metal in the oil trough. Seeing the condition of the oil that's in it would be nice... check the shift forks for wear, check the input shaft for in-out-sideways slop that would indicate worn bearings. Sometimes you luck out - I scored a ZF 5 speed several years ago from a F250 that had been rolled. It was pretty obvious that the stated very low mileage was accurate, that truck was NICE before the wreck.

LazyTurtle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4 Inch
Tire Size
33x12.5
I'll have to figure all that out, right now I've started to think that I kind of just want a full size rig as a daily.

I have no problem having a truck that's built for wheeling being my daily, the only problem is having it inoperable while I'm working on it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals