• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A4LD Parking Pawl helpful video //UPDATE//

NCguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/ranger XL
Transmission
Automatic

My 94 Ranger 4.0, AT, 4x4 shifts fine and goes through all gears park thru 1 at column. Only problem is it rolls in park. First thing I checked because my gear indicatort's not working was the torx screws on steering column which is a common problem.(Google it...there are plenty of write ups) The next thing I checked was transmission linkage and cable. I checked this by removing shift cable at linkage on trans and manually moving lever to park. None of the above items solved the issue. It is going to the shop in a week or so and I will update whether it was the actual pawl or the actuator rod or whatever it may be. I couldn't find any clear video or pics to explain but after a couple months I found this above video. The A4LD is not listed in video title but is explained in the video itself. Get through the intro and there is some good info. I hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

NCguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/ranger XL
Transmission
Automatic
Update:
Took truck to local trans shop and it's Fixed!!!
Turns out the parking pawl pin was bent and binding pawl. Shop said someone probably slammed it into park while rolling. New pin installed and total repair cost $220.00

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals