• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

a rule Im not aware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
Is there a rule Im not aware of, that states that if someone makes assumptions about you,or something you have for sale your not allowed to defend yourself over it?

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
no....

but theres always 2 sides to every story. what are you leaving out?

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
sludge, yes I said somethings right back. In defense of myself.And was just as arrogant right back.

Jim, Im just wondering why someone can make the assumption Im trying to sell a bad part and I can not defend myself over it.When the truth of the matter, he is just to dam cheap and starry eyed with him own self.

so yeah, is there a rule about defending yourself on this board,using the taste of your own meds tact?

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
We haven't had any posts reported to the staff, so this is a mystery that only you seem to know about.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Curious you would complain about assumptions and then make some of your own.

I'm not raising questions about your RABS valve because I'm cheap. It's because A LOT of them are rusted solid due to lack of brake fluid replacement, and nothing you said in your advertisement ruled that out. Even when I asked you about road testing, you didn't answer the question. You asked how I wanted it tested and refused to put it back on the truck (which would rule out a road test). So, yes, I'll spend $180 on a (new) valve that I can know works. And I could get a rebuilt one for $120, but I'll pass. I've been down that road.

If I were cheap, I'd be going to the junkyard with a vacuum pump, ohmmeter, and flare nut wrench, and take my chances.

And NOW you add details about a warranty and unspecified "road tests." The timing is a headscratcher. Why wouldn't you say this as you were trying to sell something?

And to claim you "know" a "stupid" issue that explains my problem, but you won't say because your panties are in a bunch, if true, is truly nasty. And you would have been perfectly happy to take my $50 when you "knew" I didn't need it? And you consider that honest? The best I can guess is you're hinting that the connector isn't on all the way. Yes, I thought of that.

Jim, it's http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32639 . Someone "moderated" the response. No, it wasn't me.

Last edited:

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
Jim...really. Maybe the person Im talking about removed the post him self.....

talking about where MAKG is trying to make it sound like I'm trying to sell him junk......I know, he is jesus(I would have said Biden, but i didnt want to insult you) around here...so I should just forget it right?

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think the defense you put in is still there. Or that's a new one.

But ask yourself this--if you sell it with a warranty and someone claims it doesnt work, what proof are you going to ask for?

I would give something like that away if it were mine. I wouldn't want the hassle of dealing with them over it unless I were in that business. Electrical parts and auto hubs have a way of not working when the new owner gets it.

But it's yours and you have the right to ask whatever you want and he has the right to not want to buy it under your conditions and you have a right to be upset that he doesn't trust your judgement because you haven't performed an actual test on it--like apply voltage to the solenoids with pressure on it or whatever. I wouldn't pay $50 or sell it for $50 cause I wouldn't do the test either--whatever the test is. I'd do what you did and take the damn thing off and give it to someone if they wanted it.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
Makg,I had no ideal why your unit went bad when you sent me the pm about the RABS unit for sale.After all you are tech support,and smart in general so I figured you knew the reason your's went out. Till I seen your post in the brakes section yesterday.And who am I to question you anyway on a tech. aspect.You hold the title.

When someone wants to make the assumption that I'm trying to sell junk,yes I get nasty.Just like Im sure you would get a little nasty back if one was to say, your job at nasa is a waste of tax payers money.Sorry, just the nature of being a simple human I guess.And no I would not have just taken your money.If its what I think it is, your RABS valve is allready dead.And will need a new one anyhow.

Like I told you, in pm I would test it any way YOU want, other than hooking it back up on my truck.I made the assumption that you know there are other ways of testing it since you are tech support once again.That's why I told YOU,tell me how you want it tested and I would do what I can.
My thoughts on this was, if you told me how you wanted it tested I could make you happy,and possibly assure you it was a good part.And not end up being the bad guy, like I am now.

Did you ever think to ask me some more question's about the part I have for sale,instead of just "telling me" what I have or ask me what it did on my truck,instead of pulling the hollier than thou and making the assumption its junk?
I did not pull it off my truck cause it was junk, I pulled it off cause I have no need for a nanny.I want my rear brakes to fully lock and stay locked when I want them to.

Find it funny all you want that I brought up that it has been road tested.I was giving it hell the day before I yanked it.playing on my dirt road.For the sole fact I knew I was going to sell it after I seen what a new one go's for.

I would have told you about how I warranty everything I sale.But I got the feeling after your last pm to me, you allready had yourself down as the victum of a bad part sale no matter what.That's why I did not reply back to you.I felt that was just the wiser thing to do on my part and yours.As I do not want any one with bad feeling's over any thing I sell.But I also dont want someone trying to make me sound like a scum bag that sells bad parts.

Any way,the only reason for this post was to make sure I wasnt breaking a rule that I wasnt aware of.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
will , no, it look's to be BACK. thank you to whom ever it was that put it back up......

I know of a way to have some one test something to make sure it wasnt on thier end that the part went bad over a RABS unit.And I agree on most electrical parts not worth the hassle. Ive given plenty of TFI's and coils away over the years or dirt freaking cheap.

As a matter of a fact I would have proably sent him the dam thing to try out.But when someone's arragont as he came across telling me what I had.Dose not make for one to be excited to help them out.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yes, I PM'd you and asked you to check resistance between the center two pins, and if you had road tested it. I'm sure you or I could come up with some hydraulic tests, but it simply would be much easier to have road tested it in the vehicle, with results about braking performance and lack of leaks. I would hope that you had looked at that BEFORE you removed it and tried to sell it.

I said:
It so happens that my RABS valve has an open circuit between pins 2 and 3. If yours doesn't, and you know it actually works by real world testing (it's not enough that the lights don't go on), $50 plus priority-mail shipping is reasonable.
You responded:
I can tell you it worked on my truck as far as I know.It would not allow for my rear wheels to fully lock up,how I like.
Tell me how you want it tested and Ill do what I can.
It is out of my truck allready and I will not hook it back up for any testing. To much of a hassle to me.So if there is some other way to test it let me know.
I characterized that as "probably good," rather than "known good," since there are many other reasons (for instance, rear brake adjustment) that might cause brakes not to lock up fully. THIS seems to be why it bothers you. Sorry, that's the way it is. I can't know that the valve is good because, despite your claim, you don't either. And you priced it as though you did.

That's a complete characterization of the interaction, with the exception of shipping details.

And these "I know but won't tell" claims -- you made another about a way to test RABS to make sure a fault "wasn't on their end" -- are pinning my BS meter. What's the secret?

Last edited:

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
makg setting himself up to be the victium again.......

you stated what is wrong with yours..you did not ask me to test anything....like I said I would test it any why you would like.other than hooking it back up on my truck.I have ways of putting it under hydrolic pressure with out the need of it going on my truck.

I thought that you are a smart guy, I figured you would have come back with with a slew of questions. Maybe that was my mistake......

I know the valve is good, after all it was on my truck.I mantain my truck unlike people who let their brake fluid get rust in it.....so my brakes are adjusted properly.fluid is clean.get's changed out once a year.just like all my other cars and trucks.Except this past year as it has sat on jackstands for the most part.and yes with the brake system closed up.

let it pin your bullshit meter. your the one with the PHD and tech support badge.figure it out.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Do people usually deal with you when you act like this?

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Amazing.

I'm not a "victim" because I didn't buy anything from you. And I won't. That would be foolish.

Do you have any quibble with the substance of my post?

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Is everyone happy with this thread? Can we get rid of it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals