• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

a/c blowing lukewarm air.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
OK I may be flamed for this question but the post I've read don't exactly fit my problem.

When i bought my truck I noticed the ac blew cool air but wasn't really that cold. as it's beginning to get warmer outside I noticed the air is no colder than it is with just the vent open. ( to my understanding ) the system has not been worked on.

My question is has anyone had any luck with using a recharging kit from walmart with a gauge built in, or am I better off taking it to a repair shop and letting someone mess with it that has the bigger machine and experience?

thanks for any answers or advice good or bad,,:icon_cheers:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
well you can try to just refill it...
IMO you need to find your leak and fix it... then vacuum it down and refill it.

how long did it take for it to stop working good? if it was awhile, just refill it and see how long it'll stay charged..

of course, that's IF the problem is the freon level... is your compressor kicking on at all? it might be something other than just freon ya know.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I turn the a/c on then pop my hood, I can watch the clutch kick in and out. and I can't honestly tell ya anything else since i only bought this truck at the beginning of last winter and know -0- about prior service/maintenance. ( bought this truck through my step brother's car lot at an auto auction in upper ny state.)

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
well the way I see it, you got one of 2 options.

1. find the leak, fix it, vacuum it and refill it
2. fill it back up w/ Walmart set and use it till it all leaks out again.

My b2 leaked for awhile, but it was SUPER slow... It took all winter for it to leak out, so come March or so i'd refill it and use it all spring/summer, then repeat. last summer it go to where it'd leak out in about 2 days, so that caused me to find the leak and fix it right.

if you know anyone that can check the freon level, that'd really be the right place to start.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Tks 4.0B2, I really didn't want to deal with a stealership for this. I may snoop around a few small auto shops and see if someone can look at it cheaper. When the heat gets out of hand I may just experiment and see how long a can of wallyworld crap stays in (may get lucky like you did) it may last the whole summer.

So far I've just cracked open my vent and had my rear slider open.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well I struck out on my ac. A friend had part of a can of stuff from walmart he had in the garage, well last night he gave my system a burst of the stuff and just my luck my condenser( radiator looking unit) started puking out green crap. so no ac for me..
To me it's not worth the money to fix it when i can just roll down my windows. heck i'm lucky if I put 100 miles a week on my truck this time of year. I drive it more during the winter months..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals