• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

a better gymkhana

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i am not impressed... just because he can drift a few times in a larger vehicle than ken block uses, doesn't make him a better driver...

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
winning the pikes peak big rig class 12 would have nothing to do with him being a good driver I guess...

and I really don't think Ken block is the best anyways. he was just the showiest

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
Ken Block has nothing on this guy
if i were to list the people that ken block "has nothing" on.......well it'd be a hell of a long list

ken block is just someone who practices the same drift stunts over, and over again then films, edits, and promotes them. without mtv/ rob deer-dick (not his cousin jeff moose-penis), facebook and youtube he'd be nothing. some drivers spend their time and efforts driving, and not making sure that people see them drive

and btw i have actually run pikes peak. the year i ran it not a single one of the big rigs even made it to the top, they all broke or crashed. any driver who can take one of those to the top is gold in my book

Last edited:

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Why is the girl wearing pants at the end? I liked the shorts.

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if i were to list the people that ken block "has nothing" on.......well it'd be a hell of a long list

ken block is just someone who practices the same drift stunts over, and over again then films, edits, and promotes them. without mtv/ rob deer-dick (not his cousin jeff moose-penis), facebook and youtube he'd be nothing. some drivers spend their time and efforts driving, and not making sure that people see them drive

and btw i have actually run pikes peak. the year i ran it not a single one of the big rigs even made it to the top, they all broke or crashed. any driver who can take one of those to the top is gold in my book
:icon_thumby: I just drove up it a couple of times in a Windstar mini-van and it scared the sh!t out of me. I couldn't imagine racing it. Those guys have some brass ones.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
wining pike's peak big rig class 12 has nothing to do with the video... that video doesn't compare at all to gymkhana... the guy in the big rig took out 1 of the 7 cones he went around, where as ken block drifts inches from people, without hitting them, in several of his videos

i'm not trying to cut you for posting the video, i just don't think it's any comparison to ken block's driving...

how about this video, 10x better than the truck... there's only 1 error he made on this video, and that's where he took out the whole manikin's arm, not just the balloon...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7R_buZPSo

Last edited:

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
The Gulf oil paintjob is cool....but that's about it.

Anyone can do anything with enough practice and determination.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
:icon_thumby: I just drove up it a couple of times in a Windstar mini-van and it scared the sh!t out of me. I couldn't imagine racing it. Those guys have some brass ones.
i ran it on a motorcyle 700cc class.....blew up my engine that is hard on parts

5,000 vertical feet, in 12 miles with 168 corners, and 51% dirt and 49% asphalt

ken block practices each drift a lot before filming it. i could drift "inches past people" if i spent as much time practicing the drift before a person stands there as he does

Last edited:

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The Gulf oil paintjob is cool....but that's about it.

so ken block can do anything with enough practice and determination. its the same thing just a different vehicle and driver. but if he wins a super tough(read: tough to finish with that vehicle) class in pikes peak 12 times hes a pretty damn good driver.

I truly believe that most of the gymkhana guys and the rally guys are much better at what they do than Ken. he has learned how to be a showy driver, but he's not winning everything he does. he got beat in gymkhana last year, he doesn't usually win rallies. I would be interested to see what Colin Mcrae(RIP) could do gymkhana wise and what he would have to say about it.

not to mention Ken block is drifting a 2000 lb car with 500 awhp - the truck is 2000hp and 10k lbs(4x power and 5x weight)... subaru's awd makes those drifts much easier than a rwd setup. awd makes those perfectly circular donuts possible.

Last edited:

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
I truly believe that most of the gymkhana guys and the rally guys are much better at what they do than Ken. he has learned how to be a showy driver, but he's not winning everything he does. he got beat in gymkhana last year, he doesn't usually win rallies. I would be interested to see what Colin Mcrae(RIP) could do gymkhana wise and what he would have to say about it.
^^ exactly dude

its like musicians, any person can learn a song by practicing and memorize it. but any musician out there knows that only a truly talented person can take a piece of sheet music they have never seen and play it flawlessly. driving is much the same way

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic

3.0ranger1227

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
suck what? that truck is designed for racing at much higher speeds on much a much looser(and much stickier as brought up from someone that has raced that race above) track... its not like its totally out of its normal operating environment

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I smell DEATH coming!!! Stupid, just stupid. Next we will see idiots with a wingless jet going too fast and killing themselves or somebody else. Darn.............what next!!!!!! Gawwwwd!!!
Uh, guess you oughta get out more. They've been racing those single axle day cabs for years in some parts of the world. It's not any more dumb than any other type of racing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals