• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A 01 Ranger named sniper. [slooow build.]

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well guys, i got another one. lol
01 Ford Ranger
4.0L 5spd
4x4 "Offroad"
Current mods.
CB Radio
Super epic not fall off shifter
CB antenna
SUPER AWSOME LITTLE TREE AIR FRESHNER!!!

Tomoro's mods.
31"s on wagon wheel jeep rims

PICTUREZ!!!

03ranger30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
What's up with the shifter? It looks kinda cool

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
looking sharp! post more pics!

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Looking good. Also looking like it has its fair share of scratches! But thats ok, that way you arnt worried about doing it yourself!

Thed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Can't wait to see those new 31's!!!!

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well, i couldent find the last 31" in the junkyard... But i found a full set of 30"s! :p and the shifter is a random one i pulled out of a random civic to replace the one that was ductaped on. the tires are being mounted as i type this. there gunna call me when they're done, They're a bit weather cracked but they'll do until i can buy a nice set of General grabbers ;D also, 2 more days and i'll be on the road. taking my road test at 9;30am and i'll be getting my insurance then to... only $970 a year :D

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well, never got my tires today :C Shop said they would call me when they were mounted... but didnt. I may just try to find a better set on kijiji and have them mounted at school... idk, also who makes a nice cam for the Sohc 4.0? something to give it a lumpy idle..

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Welp, i got the most important things i need for my truck today... my plates,my insurance, AND MY LICENSE! 8D now things will move a bit quicker since i can get around. tomoro i'ma try to get a glasspack... damn this is waay to quiet for my liking. i had her doing 145kmh today XP

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
another random update. Sniper has developed a bad exhaust leak, and got a pretty bad dent on the bed thanks to my stupidity. also got a 91 Bronco II for free w00t!

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Got a rollbar for sniper today, also painted the slots in the rims black, grille black, and did a oilchange, and tire rotation. Will try to get pics since i found my camera!... now i just gotta find batteries. Also I'm living on my own now, so funds are tight for mods n stuff.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
As requested. PICTURES!

Also, people cant drive worth a crap, almost t-boned a guy in a malibu cause he pulled out infront of me. stopped like 5" from his door... then he gave me the finger...and pulled off

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, just thought i'd update ya's. Sniper is being sold. [yes im getting rid of another one. ] Due to the fact i cant feed the hungry 4.0 the 4:10 gears aint helping either.... Recent upgrades are; 30" AT's on Centerline style 90's ranger rims. And it had new swaybar links, pads,rotors,exhaust tidy'ed up, and was washed. I have a few guys interested in it now. Hoping to get $6000 for it.. due to the fact that its rust free. And around here its hard to keep a truck rust free!
Most recent pics;

But once i sell it i got my eyes on this little 88 2wd ext Cab ranger... 2.9L V6 $1500 But i can probually beat them down to $1200... .then with the money left over, i plan to buy a Camburg performance offroad kit, and some other nick nacks... Plus the 1st gen bodystyle looks sick :p

Oh and for those of you who dont know, i recently bought a 1990 Ranger to turn into a full on wheeler. Paid $400 for it. Used it for 2 weeks around town and in the woods. in that 2 weeks damages were; Lost the muffler,Lost a wheel going down the road doing 60kmh thus destroying the rotor which in turn, destroyed the brake pads on that side, The front part of the bed cracked, so the bed sits over towards the passenger side, and I broke a brake line, and lost all brakes! yay so thats sitting behind my old house now.
Pics of it;

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
hey guys, thought i'd give yas a update. Sniper is in the shop at my school now with the rear-end taken apart. getting new seals, brakes,spring kit, and it also needs new spider gears?.. its what my shop teacher told me. theres a bunch of play in them and such... and i've decided not to sell sniper, as i've put over $500 into it so far... and i know i wont get my money back.. so i'll just keep it and try to get by with its amazing 14mpg :annoyed: but next thursday im looking at buying another truck.. something i can have as aback up.. Choices are; 1979 Chevy C10, or a 1991 Chevy Silverado K1500. the 1988 Ranger was sold... so im going to the next best thing in my crosshairs lol. also, what are some mods i could do to perk up snipers mpg?... I plan on gutting the cat, and putting on my cherry bomb glasspack, which i bought for it like.. a month ago? lol. I'll try to find my camera and get pics tomoro.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals