• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

99 Ranger Supercab 4x4 Off Road rims

coopab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 L
Transmission
Automatic
My 1999 Ranger door sticker says it should have 245 x 75 x 16 tires but the rims on it when I bought it are 15" with small 205 x 75 x 15 tires. I have a set of 16 x 7 five hole rims from a 2001 F-150 that I used to own. Their appearance is pretty much the same as this pic in the technical library on wheels. Will they work without modification on my Ranger?
My current rims look just like these 2000-2007 (15x7) D-shape slots
I want to get tires that are at least close to the recommended size/height that the door sticker indicates. Bridgestone/Firestone makes a 30 x 9.5 x 15 that I could put on the existing rims, but if the old F-150 rims are compatible without modifications I'd use them and get the exact replacement size tire.
I've gotten conflicting information from a couple of tire places near me so I thought I'd put this out to the forums.

coopab

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
No, F-150 rims will not fit on your Ranger. The spacing is different.

I'd compare the vin on the door tag to the vin on the dash plate and make sure the door hasn't been changed since 205/75/15 tires were a factory option.

coopab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 L
Transmission
Automatic
No, F-150 rims will not fit on your Ranger. The spacing is different.

I'd compare the vin on the door tag to the vin on the dash plate and make sure the door hasn't been changed since 205/75/15 tires were a factory option.
Too bad about the F-150 rims. :bawling: But thanks for info.

A previous owner put a 2000 EXPL 4.0 motor in this truck but the body seems pretty untouched...no mismatched paint near hinges, etc. Plus the rims are from 2000-2007 according to the picture from the tech library. It would appear that the previous owner spent some time in junk yards :D

The VINs match (just went out with a flashlight in my PJs....brrrr.) From what I've seen I could use Explorer 16" rims among others. I'm not looking to make this a show truck but my speedometer is off by probably 7+ mph at highway speed so I'd like to fix that by NOT having tires that are too small. I'm considering 30/9.5/15 on my current rims. Finding a set of Explorer/Ranger 16" rims shouldn't be all the hard but would probably add $200-$300 to my project.

coopab

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals