• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'99 Passenger Side CV Slip

tmr416

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
33x10.5R15
I recently converted my PV hubs to the Rugged Ridge manual hubs. When I did this I changed my CV axles, since my old CV axles were manufactured to have axle nuts on the ends. After I did the swap, I went on a big road trip (almost 5k miles). Toward the end of it, I heard a noise almost like popcorn coming from my passenger side front end. I went down to inspect and noticed that my passenger side CV had slipped out of the splines of the hub. I pushed it back in, but after a few hours of driving it shakes loose and I start hearing the popcorn noise at slow speeds again from the CV bouncing around in the hub assembly.

I'm 99.9% sure I performed the manual hub conversion correctly. The CV's I bought were new from Oreilly. Is there something that I'm missing, or is this a common problem? Scrolled thru a couple pages of this forum to see if anyone else had posted about it but couldn't find anything. Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals