• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98tm vs 95tm 4.0 exhaust manifolds and y pipes

stamina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4” suspension
Tire Size
265/75/r16
My credo
built her in a storage unit
i have a 95tm 4.0 block and heads that i am running on a 92 computer. the 4th cylinder has low compression due to a valve issue so i am going to purchase anew casting head. for whatever reason no company makes new casting 95tm heads anymore (fast-burn chamber + large exhaust ports) they only make 98tm (fast-burn chamber + small exhaust ports) which is perfectly fine to run on a 95tm block and pistons (may even light the o2 sensor off quicker as i only gave one and i will put it on that bank) i am just curious as to the exhaust situation, my specific question is does the 90-97 y-pipe line up with 98-2000 manifolds or is the y-pipe different? i know that the CAT flange is different but is the angle at which it mounts to the headers different? also, can/should i just leave my 95tm manifolds and pipe on there and hook the exhaust back up how it is with the new head? i have the 93/95-97 pipe with 2 o2 ports and one of them is plugged off.

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
@stamina ,
To the best of my knowledge, the "Y" and associated tubing remained the same throughout for the OHV 4.0L.

If you need a replacement, I'm interested in your scrap pieces; I need the piece of tubing right after the "Y", before the cat for a temporary exhaust setup 👀

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals