• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98 x-5.0 into Truggy

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
as the title says, picked up a 5.0 HO from a 98 exploder. I have the entire engine harness, ECU, MAF-S, and I just unplugged the other two plugs from the firewall harness. I have been reading all through fordfuelinjection.com trying to get some ideas, but most of that is EEC4. Does anyone have experience with the OBD2 swap, and what I need to tap into, to make this engine/harness come alive.

C5 trans is going behind it, so I need not worry about making an electronic transmission work with it.

EDIT: for anyone that hasnt seen my buggy, I currently run a carbed engine, So I have no existing wiring harness.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
i said screw it. Got an A9L, harness and distributor today off ebay. Going to convert to EEC4.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
saw rjm's harness the other day, kinda pricey at 495 but its 3 wire hook up and u are running, might help you out. they also have an emissions harness to go with it. if i ever go 5.0 i was gonna go carbed because im already carbed, but with that harness i might go efi. hell run a braided fuel line with inline pump, then use the factory line as a return into one of those fittings that goes on the filler. they are starting to make things really easy nowadays

http://rjminjectiontech.com/?p=4

Last edited:

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
saw rmj's harness the other day, kinda pricey at 495 but its 3 wire hook up and u are running
pretty much any harness for a buggy is a 3 wire hookup:dunno:

the 5.0 stang stuff is simplest, but losing the dizzy and having obd2 tuning capacity may be desired a bit later so dont throw all that away yet:icon_thumby:

just got in and seen this stuff.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad