• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98 Ranger XLT w/ 01 Explorer 5.0 Donor

AJs_Customs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hello Guys, it has been a while since I have been active here, but I have still been trolling the tech pages. My question to the more experienced folks on the site is this; I have an 01 Explorer with a 5.0 AWD I am planning on using the whole driveline ecm, harnesses and all for my 98 3.0 4x4 Ranger. I am pretty sure I have the wiring and such sorted out but I am a little confused on the transfer case issue. I do not want the AWD t-case (unless it is temporary to get rolling)
I have read that the F150 t-case wont fit my standard cab short bed very well but have not found much info as to why, ie. frame rails too narrow or gas tank clearence from above.
I have been a fabricator long enough to handle frame and x-member adjustments, or moding a body lift :icon_welder:. I just like to know what to expect and have a plan laid out before I strip out my daily driver. Any other things to expect would be great to know as well. I am shooting for a dash that doesn't throw trouble codes all the time and have everything work as it should. As far as I can tell things should be pretty plug and play. I am planning on documenting the project to help everyone with what I run into. Thanks for any help you can throw my way. Cheers, AJ :icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals