Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys , installing a set of Warrior 153's in my 98 Explorer and have a question about the anti-wrap shock , was wondering if people who have installed the 153's have run into any kind of problem with that anti-wrap shock , i am putting the shackles in tomorrow and need some advice on whether or not to remove that anti-wrap shock , thanks for the help.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: CFB3B5F7F32B37 Expires: March 30, 2020

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
I have Warrior 153s in my 99 Explorer, still have the shock on it but my springs were sagging pretty badly so I'm basically restoring to stock height. I intend to someday take that shock off the vehicle since I don't think it really does much for the vehicle anyway.

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
Transmission
Automatic
i know that it is there to prevent wheel hop , i am just worried that i wont have enough length on it , i put new springs in because mine were sagging , then the shackles basically disintegrated and i ordered the 153's , surprisingly though for being a rust belt vehicle i only had one bolt that would not come out easy , the 4 leaf spring bolts , the u-bolts , the anti-wrap shock bolts and the other shackle bolt came right out