• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98 Explorer 5.0 doner into 99 Ranger

Jmendenhall22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I just finished my v8 with an automatic trans swap, with many issues I might add. I have one big one left. I bought a 4406 high-low speed transfer case instead of using the AWD transfer case that came with the donor to put into the Ranger. The ranger already had the electronic setup so I thought everything would be fine. Much to my dismay it is not. The 4406 has a square plug with 6 green and green grey wires that the Ranger round plug did not. The core wires on the electronic control unit (8 of them) at the transfer case are exactly the same. My question is, which wires do I have to use in order to get it to work. One of the things I did do was to change the electric shift motor from the 1354 and bolted it onto the 4406 with no issues other than those pesky extra wires. I do not know what they are for and have been told by several know it all's that I don't need them, "just cut them off and it will work". Needless to say that is bunk. Is there anyone that can help me with this issue? Or does anyone know a solution?
2nd question would be I get a P0743 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit error code. Any ideas?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals