• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98 4wd electronic transfer case problems clicking noises

eliottcoyle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
hey i have a 98 ford ranger 4wd, 4.0 V6, off road package, automatic. I just put a 3 inch PA body lift on. The 4wd was working fine before the lift. Now that i have finished its not working. I replaced the hubs with avm manual. Everytime i try to turn to 4wd i hear a single click followed by multiple clicking noises. Then 4wd lights start flashing. I can hear a clicking noise in the engine. I went through my manual and replaced all the relays relating to 4wd. I have unplugged and replugged the 4wd wire loom located on the transfer case. That was the only thing i disconnected for the body lift that had anything to do with the 4wd. I can't think of anything else becasue it was working fine before the lift. I also couldnt see any wire or hoses that might have been pinched. Any help would be great !

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
I dunno how you posted this in the Trucks! TV show forum, but I'll move it for you..

eliottcoyle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
hey thanks for the help this is my first post. I had one more question, what is a good way to take that blue cap off, im having a hard time

eliottcoyle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
hey thanks for the help my 4wd is working now. Time to go wheeling

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals