• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

97 Ranger Electrical - Blower Motor/AC

ALRanger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 97 Ranger 4cyl 5spd manual.

Since I got the truck the lowest speed on the blower has not worked, but it wasn't a big deal. A few days ago, I turned off the truck with the AC running just fine on med/high. I get back in the truck and cannot get the key to turn in either direction. After about 5 minutes of moving the key around, moving the wheel, etc. the key finally turned. Since then, no issues with the key. However, the fan was no longer working. I didn't have time to fix it but researched and bought a resistor.

Right before I went to replace the resistor, I start up the truck and the wiper blades start running and will not stop. I figure between the two, possible it is the ignition switch. Wipers eventually stop after several errands run. Replace ignition switch, nothing. Replace resistor, nothing. All fuses and relays look good and have been switched with others of same voltage to double check. Guy at Autozone brings out a new blower motor and hooks it up outside of the truck and it is getting no power. Bought and installed a new speed control switch, nothing.

Sorry for the length but I'm running out of ideas. Blower is not getting power but I'm stuck as to what my next move is. At this point I'm $75 in with all materials and I don't want to take it in. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ALRanger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ran power directly from the battery today and the blower motor ran. There is a drop off in the electrical somewhere, but I don't know where. Any help or ideas are appreciated.

rangerin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like you've got a short somewhere. All I can say is to look at wiring diagrams and see what could be causing the effect upstream.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals