• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

97 Longbed

HAWGFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Have a semi rare 2.3 5speed longbed and while I found a bedliner,I have yet to find a "cap" camper shell or cover/whatever to fit..Prefer fiberglass.?Anybody found one?Brand? model#?.I also plan on turbo and a drop 3/4"f/r and was wondering if anybody has used the garret ebay package..Recently did the earlier lifter swapand it did cut down the amount of horns blowing while big road merging,lol.I'm Fla/Ga lineand resto old Harley for a decades now.Always have a bike and parts for sale / buy/ trade. I will have a fresh white paint 96 2.3 auto up for sale here soon..VERY clean truck ,used as commuter, bed floor isn't even scratched.one owner.eat off the motor...

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
every so often a free cap will turn up. i drove 50 miles to columbus for my first free cap. its a A.R.E. brand, aluminum. was painted a dark blue and windows were heavily tinted. then a month later not 5 miles from where i grew up i found in a front yard with a free sign, a leer glass cap. was a grey color i eventually painted white. i still need to get a couple of longbed bedliners. ( i also have a ranger longbed trailer) I should check in with the junkyard sometime for that. while i have come across a couple of bediners in ditches over the years, ive never found one i could use. i kept the one from my 93 when i sold it but of course it was a shortbed. check the letgo classifieds, i prefer that over craigslist, heck i think thats where i found my current truck.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I too have found many free caps/bed liners/covers over the years. Never found one that was a perfect fit though. Bed liners I normally cut up and use in my truck and trailer or stacking wood and what not. Caps and covers get sold if they don't fit. Normally make a few bucks all because people don't want to mess with trying to sell something.

HAWGFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
rarely on here with lifes A**kickin but i have a bedliner,though hacked holes and ill fitting, the cap still remains a mystery.. its not my daily driver but will be part of a possible small fleet and business idea. so its got to be right and the bed space could be used for storage at this time. if....,I have to research let go some more for sure.. long bed 94-98 style rangers seem to be very rare in the south...

killswitch21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 2008
Make / Model
Ford, Honda
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
When I bought my 1990 Ranger with 7' bed, it had a leer camper on it. I still have it, but swapped a tool box on so the camper is just chillin in the garage.

HAWGFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm still in search of a longbed cap and will drive out of Atlanta... 60x86... will take anything at this point.. I'm also looking for a 1/2 cap 72 wide full size ford ,,they are usually 3 ft long andone's i've seen are fiberglass

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The topper on my '85 came off a 93-97 longbed.

Longbeds are generally not overly common anywhere IMO.

Broo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
A couple years ago, I bought a used camper shell for my long bed '06. I watched the online ads for months before one turned up. They are definitely not common. Mine is a Fibrobec and it fits perfectly. No idea what year it was designed for, it was simply advertised as a 7' Ranger camper shell and it wasn't installed on a truck when I got it.

I use it only in the winter so I don't have to shovel the bed content each time I need to carry something.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals