• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

96 Ranger build pre-runnin on a budget!

jhammel85

Did u guys run it at a track? I find it hard to be that fast on those tires and not having a rollcage (can't run that fast w/o it at the track)

I had a friend that had one that looked like a total pos on purpose that ran 11.5's It was gutted...with a worked 350 small block. I had an 85 Iroc myself.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well its around 10-11. but its fast. i know what for a fact. The car was set up as a drag car... before my weird cousin got his hands on it and.. hrmm. how can i put it...... ruined it. He also said the orginal owner said with drag slicks on it could do wheelies.. but that was back when it wasnt riced out.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, sorry for not being on as much. just one question, would the front clip off a 03-10 Ranger fit on mine? they look pretty damn close...

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys, sorry for not being on as much. just one question, would the front clip off a 03-10 Ranger fit on mine? they look pretty damn close...
get a BFH, a cutting torch, and a welder and you can make anything fit, add some bondo and paint it it will look good.

Robert

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
ok... what a bfh? o_o And i may be getting a stepside bed soon to replace the regualr bed thats full of bondo...

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well, the truck is in the shop now! getting new wheel bearings and my other tires put on, and a inspection aswell. And i finally found out what bfh stand for after watching some stacey david's gearz :p BFH = Big Fooking Hammer , And also my 2.3 is pretty guttless... any ways to perk it up for cheap, until i can afford a 302?

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well, i'm getting rid of this truck yet again.... i need a 4x4... After realising what i will be doing with ANY of the trucks i have, i need a 4x4 to do it... So.. I've got my eyes on a 94 4x4 Ranger. heres a pic of it in this link -> http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/kj/110116/883r9/5875c6a_20.jpeg Only $1600 and rust FREE

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well, its happening again. I'm selling the old ranger on monday... To a guy who thinks the truck should be in showrom condition for being 16 years old, and a work truck... Still, gives me almost enough to get that other ranger. which is in much better conditon.

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet deal man! That 94 looks great. I hope that works put for you. 4x4 FTW

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Sweet deal man! That 94 looks great. I hope that works put for you. 4x4 FTW
Well, it didnt work out. the guy wanted me to doo too much for too litte money. I told him to keep his money and i'll wait for someone else to come along. tomoro im going to try and get some; new seats,3M sticky adheisve to fix the headliner,a Parking brake handle, power steering fluid, and some paint...Cause mr.Ithinkiknoweverythingaboutcars Says that all those little things make the truck look worse than a pile of..... shhii....poop. So, i just need to fix the truck up enough that someone will buy it for $1200 or $1300, and my dad will throw in the rest for the other 4x4 ranger

Last edited:

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well guys, the old beige ranger has been shot down. my aunt broke it somehow. it wont catch or anything. so we're thinking its the fuel pump and we're replacing that as we speak. but since the truck is now my dads baisically... the old green ranger might be getting another kick at the can! , my dad knows a professional mechanic who will do the work to get it going and inspected for us for cheap! So keep your fingers crossed guys! I'll post recent pics of it tomoro. :icon_twisted:

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Best of luck man! Hope it works out for you guys.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
man i just read both of your threads, and boy! you change Ranger's more than I change underwear!!

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
man i just read both of your threads, and boy! you change Ranger's more than I change underwear!!
lol, well my 1st ranger i couldent afford to fix, due to only being in jr.high, then my 2nd one i was tricked into thinking it was good but it was not.. BIGGST f**king mistake of my life.. now i cant get rid of the damned thing.. then the beige ranger my dad bought back from his friend since we needed a pickup, he said it was mine, then took it and said it was his... So, things are really confusing with him... But today is my b-day and im going to buy another ranger with my OWN moneh... and have it in my name.. Not my dads

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'ma just leave these here :p

Sandy's Watching you....

New speaker/Sub combo's sound effin epic!

But, Sandy [Thats the name i finally picked for her lol] , now needs; A balljoint,Clutch[almost nothing left],shocks,coil springs,U-joint,tires,And some paint ._.
I'ma try to nab the coils,springs,and tires off the green truck. And New-boston Auto told me they'll get me a balljoint and put it in for $40. plus she needs a tuneup badly in 3rd gear with the pedal to the floor, it only does like 45-60kmh and gets about 800-1100rpms. Engine is veeeerrrry lazy. I wanna do a 302 swap so bad now >_<

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals