• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

96 Ranger build pre-runnin on a budget!

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
So tomoro the green ranger is being sold hopefully, and with the money i'll go to the junkyard and buy some F150 4x4 coils. just to lift the front up so its not so low. once christmas break starts i'll probually start doing a bit more. like hooking up my 750watt amp and finding a set of subwoofers. then put on my other bed and paint the truck [Which may happen this weekend] And i need to find a better steering wheel.... the one in my truck is all... sticky :huh:

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone know where i can get a set of cheap long travel shocks for cheap?...

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
ok. i'll check and see... one problem.. we dont have autozone around here.. all we have is safeway auto, and canadian tire

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone know where i can get a set of cheap long travel shocks for cheap?...
I'm not sure such a thing exists. Ha ha. Pretty much anything that is an upgrade from OEM, is spendy. The cost will probably depend on what length you need.

Those F-150 coils, are going to make for an extremely rough ride!! You might want to get a neck brace! Ha ha:icon_bounceblue:

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'm not sure such a thing exists. Ha ha. Pretty much anything that is an upgrade from OEM, is spendy. The cost will probably depend on what length you need.

Those F-150 coils, are going to make for an extremely rough ride!! You might want to get a neck brace! Ha ha:icon_bounceblue:
I've got one left over from my motocross days! :icon_thumby: anyways i wont mind. I just want the height for now, until i can buy my long travel, or use the 2" ones from my old red parts 4x4 ranger....

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well... i tryed to get some coils today and failed. They were all too hard to get out.. but my moms friend has his own peronsal junkyard, and she is going to talk to him and see if he will give me some jeep coils or something. and mabey a rollbar. on the other hand. i painted my bumpers black today, and bought some baja fog lamps. going to mount my push bar tomoro and mount them onto it. Updated pics from this morning and a vid!!

tires and rims that are going on it

back tires

the bumper is completely black now, just forgot to take a after pic :p

Video!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTok2Uv_xZ8

Last edited:

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well i painted the grille black today, used the truck to haul some garbage. but my truck is acting weird.. when i let of the clutch, the truck feels a bit... sluggish? and when i put in the clutch, it feels like the brakes are sticking, cause the truck instantly slows down..

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
you might want to check the brakes then, make sure the e-brake is stuck on, and also after you drive it for a mile or two, check and see if the brakes are hot, that will tell you if they are sticking on.

if your brakes are sticking, change the rubber hose, I bought a new caliper for my wife's car, and it turned out to the the rubber line had collapsed.

If your going to change your dash, can you e-mail me the hinges to the glove box ???

Robert

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
you might want to check the brakes then, make sure the e-brake is stuck on, and also after you drive it for a mile or two, check and see if the brakes are hot, that will tell you if they are sticking on.

if your brakes are sticking, change the rubber hose, I bought a new caliper for my wife's car, and it turned out to the the rubber line had collapsed.

If your going to change your dash, can you e-mail me the hinges to the glove box ???

Robert
how can i email you the hinges? push them through my screen? :p It'll be a while before that. I plan on putting in a metal dash, like you would see in a stock car, or baja truck once i put in my rollcage, which will be when i get a welder

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
One day in the close future, all you will have to do is put a item in a place, that is hooked to a few dodads, and ZAP, you can e-mail items all over the world, and also to Mars, and also to the space station that orbits Saturn.

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Right on man. The bumpers look good. Your rear tires look a little small... ha ha. When you're done swaping out the dash, can you email it to me? Lol

Last edited:

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
Right on man. The bumpers look good. Your rear tires look a little small... ha ha. When you're done swaping out the dash, can you email it to me? Lol

HEY, HEY, HEY, I asked first about the hinges... :)

Robert

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
If the girl that I just fixed her computer for pays me, I have to make a run to the local Pull-A-Part, to get the hinges, and the ac/heater control panel, and hopefully I can find me a good Ford radio from another 92 Explorer. plus a few other parts.

Robert

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals