• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

96 Ranger build pre-runnin on a budget!

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well guys, Sandy has been given the dreaded title of "YARD TRUCK" *dun dun dunnnnn* but... on the other hand... I got a 2010 Ford Ranger Sport! :O my dad bought this truck back from his friends, and said i could have it. he didnt want to see me dumping money into the beige truck over and over again. so, down to buisness the new rig is a 10' Ranger sport. 4.0L V6 Crap-o-matic 2wd Extended cab, and is wineish in color. I cant get pics as i am 4 hours away from home right now.and freezing my ass off to get internet.... But the plans for this rig, same as the beige one. Pre-runner it :p , but keep it stock enough to use as a Daily driver, and toy hauler. I'm thinking on buying a kit from Dixon bro's. And i got a set of old Wagon wheel type rims from a friend for free. I belive they;re off a Jeep YJ.

The rims look like this, just silver.

and this is what i baicially want the truck to look like when done.

Anywho, all of ya's will get your precious pictures sunday when i go home to town :p
I'm currently in Bay st.Lawrence with my mother for the Crab fest. I didnt wanna go but she dragged me here.. again >_>; oh, and does anyone know how to get some more power out of te 4.0L for really cheap?, and to remove the rev limiter?

After a quick Google search i found a truck exact to mine, to hold you guys off until i can get actual pictures XP

RangerBoy94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
360CDI
Transmission
Automatic
Just because you lift a 2wd doesn't mean its a prerunner.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Just because you lift a 2wd doesn't mean its a prerunner.
Who said im lifting it?... im going to try and get the Ranger EDGE/Explorer 2wd Long Travel Suspension Kit from dixon bro's. plus i cant go too extreme with it cause i want it to still be used as a DD. which means no full cage, hacking the bed up, etc. it still has to be stock enough to be able to haul skidoo's,atvs,wood,etc. but i want it to be built enough to handle some weekend abuse.

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i guess people cannot have nice lifted street trucks anymore without people complaining.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well guys thought i'd give you a update. the 09 ranger plan fell through. my dad decided to not give me his truck. he wants me to buy it off himm for 9K so, i said no to that. On the other hand, my father-by-law and i found a 03 for sale locally for $5500. its a 03 4.0 5spd 4x4. thing looks like new, not a scratch, 160K kms. new tires, black, new 2yr MVI, and a few more things im forgetting. so most likely I'll get that.... hopefully. Also i go for my full license in 6 days :yahoo: oh and the 94. her problems are building up quickly... frame is bent, balljoints are totally screwed now, no clutch, just enough to take off and shift, and no power what-so-ever. i want to sell it but my father is taking it when i get my new truck. so all the problems will be his.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad