• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

96 Ford ranger 2.3L 4 cylinder acceleration hesitation

haizrail

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I hope they can find something.it had gotten to the point where it was going it taking easy or being hard on it. and doing at random nothing consistent. it may drive 10 Miles fine and then 5 miles barley ruining example.

haizrail

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hello, and I'm back with a update, the truck has been in this new shop for little over a month and they couldn't find the problem. they took it to the ford dealer today and they said it would be two months before they could look at it, so I picked went and picked it up. any ideas. thanks

tomw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
lima bean
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
vertical and above ground
If they are that busy, and there is a two month delay for service, learn to be a mechanic and get rich. Then you can buy another truck.

haizrail

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
LOL, Sorry I haven't been on and updated, It turns out both shops lied to me. I called the tricity ford and asked them today about my truck, I've had it back about 3 weeks trying to figure out where to send it, to see if those other shops were telling me the truth about the 2 month wait, well the first shop said 4 and the second said 2, nevertheless, I called tricity ford the dealership they told me about the delay. and it turns out that they don't work or even diagnose anything older than 2000 models,and that they had no one on there staff to work on 90's model or older fords, I wish there was some way I could contact the better business bureau on the first two shops.

I also, called the ford dealer in Virginia and I told them everything and they sat up appointment for 9 am next Thursday. And then they told me if it take longer than 5 business days to find out the problem they would give me a car to dive in the mean time.

cross your fingers and hope they find the problem.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I wouldn't count on them being able to solve the issue. I once took my truck to a Ford dealership and they said leave it with them. They put their best tech on it and she spent about two hours doing I don't know what and the end result was a $250 bill with no resolution...I did get my emission slip out of it though...and that was probably the cheapest emission test...

Yours will probably get much higher than that...

haizrail

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well it's my last chance really. and I will post the answer after I find something out either way. it's a older person going to be looking at it so I hope that counts for something.

haizrail

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hello, guys I wanted to let everyone know I got my truck back from the ford dealership today and it is fixed. I can't exactly remember all the detail's.

But the wiring harness that runs along the exhaust near the erg valve I think it's called, well anyway the sheathing had came loose and exposed the wires which melted on the exhaust cause a massive short.

also, the dealership didn't charge me to fix it just the cost of the diagnostic fee.

thanks to everybody for your help.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Good to know...congratulations on one of the longest repairs I've seen...but it is in competition with another one that I suspect and have mentioned that it is probably a wonky wire like you had...

I hope it lasts you a long time to compensate for all the time, money, and effort...:icon_thumby:

Invisity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
Hey there. Im having similar problems. Could you post a pic of the harness and its location?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals