• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

96 4" lift and freshened interior

96RedRanger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Okay well i bought my 96 extended cab ranger for $650 on craigslist with a new motor that was put in 30k ago, a blown trans (4r55e), 4wd with a nice set of 31's, a free tool box,cracked windshiend, gheto fab pvc snorkel, broken glass in extended persons cab, broken drivers seat, no radio, bad dimmer switch, holy ( not like church) headliner, and dirty as anyting ive ever seen. The truck is also dented up like it was beaten on the trails pretty bad. so heres the pics.
a link to all of them
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=45310&l=267a7&id=569208570

96RedRanger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
have been gathering parts and doing the interior. So far it has all fixed windows, freshed interior eith new headliner, 01 explorer heated seats, exporer center consol, explorerlighted visord and upper consol with temp , direction, and map lights, and four new speakers. I also have a 5r55e trans, alot of body parts to fix the dents, 5 32/11.5/15's and 3 35's for down the road.

96RedRanger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
O and i guess ill also introduce myself. My name is Chris. Im 17 and have been working on cars since i was about 11... its my hobby and alot of fun. And anothr thing. All my wiring was done with solder and heat shrink. I plan on keeping this truck so it was done correctly. Also factory cd radio was installed:icon_thumby:

2000 ranger bumper im going to make fit.

My lift kit with the f-150 coil seats and retainers. 4" rough country lift. and a steering stabilizer that io got for free... :headbang:

Junkyard 5r from a hit car.

Interior with seats. I know there a sligghtly dif color but it looks good and is worth it for the heated seats and style/comfort.

I still need to re apholser my consol armrest

I didnt use the electric seats so i did a gheto delete. Ground the switch down and upholstered it

Same here

96RedRanger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Tommorow im going to clean up the interior and start doing the trans swap and the lift kit. Its all going to happen the same time, while its up on the lift.

O and the window is fixed.

As well ad snorkel removed.

All my parts are removed by me from the junkyard and i have a great budget build. Tell me what you think and illl update tommorow : )

I also have a explorer trans cooler that im going to install.

Last edited:

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
not a half bad lookin rig.. always have a ton of potential.. what did those seats come out of?

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Nice, looks good. Definitely a good cheap build. I'm jealous of your shop.

kozak

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 351M, 302
Transmission
Automatic
Good deal, I am looking forward to seeing the results.

96RedRanger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The seats were out of a 01 explorer. Thanks my dad and i have been working on cars togeather for a while. He started when he was about fourteen so you can imagine how long he has been building cars. We have so many projects we need this shop to do anything LOL. Any way off to work. Ill update later tonight.

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Nice, looks good. Definitely a good cheap build. I'm jealous of your shop.
+1, i wish i had a warm place to work like that:D:icon_welder::icon_hornsup::icon_pepsi:

Kyle84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks like you got your work cut out for you.

Looks good so far though.

Live 2B OffRoad

U.S. Military - Active
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
heated seats would be glorious. im sure im too lazy to that. looks good

96RedRanger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
the seats were very easy. All i needed to do was attach the correct wires to the existing hot wire from my old seat and ground them out. I used the plugs from my old seats to make it even easier. I guess if you had no power it would be much harder. It was a total of 5 wires( 3 were on the drivers side). However they are constant hot so you need to remember to turn the switch off. To mount the seats i just had to tap a existing hole( there were four existing) and they lined up. I chose not to use the power motors because of the extended cab. I didnt want to move them up every time someone got into the back, and take the risk of it not working, not to mention the time it would take to wire them, and how much faster it is to just pull the lever.

96RedRanger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Okay well my father helped me ( he can weld:icon_welder:)and we got the 00' ranger bumper on tonight. We also installed the toe hoks that came factory on the 00' ranger. It looks real nice. As a added and un known bonus the bumper is not as long on the side so it basicly cuts about 2" of however has a nice lip. Extra tire clearance while still looking good:headbang:. Thats what i call nice. Tommorow im going to compleatly finish the interior and then start pulling my trans. Hopefully it can be out tommorow night. If not the next night def. Annnnny way here are progress pics. This truckis going fast as i have been working every night :):icon_thumby:

Pics of the welded brackets.
same
Looks good!
Not cut at all. Good mod if you want to keep your bumper without trimming.

Showing the toe hooks.

I love the junkyard!!!!!:yahoo:

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Cool little build up! Be carefull with that Rough country lift, any hard wheeling and the drop bracket will punch a hole in your front differential, some people have avoided the issue by grinding down the part that hits.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals