• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 Tachometer hook up questions

fordmike1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 & 1983
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Ok I am at a new point on my 94 Ranger V8 conversion. I have picked up a instrument cluster from a 94 Explorer with a tach. and now I am trying to figure out how to make the tach work with my V8. I have been checking out the tech. library and looking thru past posts and have not been able to find any info on how to make the 93-94 stock tach's work with a V8. I know that some of you have been thru this already and any info on this work be great.

sdjr

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
302 cubic inches
Transmission
Manual
I tried grounding everything, finally just went to the yard, and picked up a tach from an 89 or 90 F150 V8, and it pretty much just dropped right in. Changed the vinyl gauge face over, and trimmed up a corner that was a micron too big.

fordmike1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 & 1983
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
I tried grounding everything, finally just went to the yard, and picked up a tach from an 89 or 90 F150 V8, and it pretty much just dropped right in. Changed the vinyl gauge face over, and trimmed up a corner that was a micron too big.
After looking on here and a couple searches on Google this is what I have came up with to. I actully found a very old post from baddad talking about this and he explanded how to do it. My gas gauge was not reading right either when I swapped in the sport cluster and I was able to take apart my stock cluster and remove the actual gauge movement from the face and swap them around to make my gas gauge work right again. So after that I was looking at the tach. and it to can be taking apart and swaped from a f-series V8 truck and plug right in. :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

TexasDuck66
July Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals