• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 running rough - Solved!

Mac Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
So my '94 was running rough after a few minutes after startup. Engine would bog down and pop/backfire. After a few minutes of this the truck would run normally. This seem to only happen after a cold start. Did some research here and most suggested replacing fuel filter right off the bat. Bought one and dropped the truck off to my local wrench. Asked him to replace it and give it a tuneup since it's at 227k. He found that I had 4 autolight plugs on one side and 4 champion plugs on the other. Most were loose or cracked. Wires were original factory ones and arcing. Ran codes and found nothing. Replaced wires, plugs and filter and still running a bit rough. Ran codes again and found the ICM was bad but the coils are fine. Replaced the ICM and the truck runs great/smooth again.

Here's to getting better gas mileage again :icon_hornsup:

Stxrangerbumper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2009 / 1993
Make / Model
B2300 / f250HD
Engine Size
v6 3.0L/ 7.3L
Transmission
Manual
ICM = ( igniton control module )

I think , I will change it on mine. I think it is something that craven, you describe what happened on my other Ranger, and I changed a lot of things. may be unnecessarily

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals