• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 Ranger Performance Help

seth959ci

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I take u must have a laptop to make use of these upgrades?:icon_confused:
just the ECU upgrades.. good stuff on disabling egr and other engine mods too

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you can find a small thermocouple controller for a type K thermocouple or get a pyrometer for a diesel, that would do it, if you just drill the exhaust manifold near a port that's all we do at work...
I will have to look into that. It would be nice to have that capability.:icon_idea:

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
Donny, have you dialed in properly your injectors? And upgraded all your tables from 100 to 200% load? If your fuel tables seems to be fine, then try playing with the maf curve. If you had trouble having it idling at 14.7, maybe the maf curve is off all the way. For example if you had to put 15% more air in your maf curve at low voltage, try adding 15% to all the curve, not only for the idle. Be careful, you'd better run richer than leaner at start to get everything tuned properly.

Good luck!

donnytrash

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
hey my bad for the late replys
i have 42lb injectors.
im not to sure on the fuel tables on what numbers i should addjust
i did make the load up to 1.99 witch is 200%
and when i adjusted my maf curve to get it to idal at 14 afr i had to lean it out cuz when i did the maf transfer it would ideal at 10 afr and that was way to ritch so i didnt want to lean out the whole curve just the part when i sit at a light or im stoped.
any ways i just got my motor rebuilt and put back in and will be tuning it more next week. there is a barstow dezert race this weekend so ill be at that. but ya i just need it to stop leaning out when the boost starts to build up.

donnytrash

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Its a manual trans. For binary editor should I get 2010 or the 2012? Id like to use the d1l1 if it would make it easyer and a more reliable tune. I just don't know what I should adjust on the fuel tables. If you have caledit I can send you my stragety and my tune I have been working on as well as some data logs. I get realy confused about doing the spark advance

DJ2.3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
83/92/94
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Are you sure you have your MAF dialed in. That might not solve you leaning issue but you gottta make sure your maf is close or you will be tuning in circles. If you log your KAM's and maf that will tell you what % it is off, But it must be in closed loop for it to work. Does it enter into closed loop at idle or are you forcing OL? As far as spark goes i think it uses the lowest number it can find between the tables and uses that until WOT is achieved. With BE there is a way to disable wot spark and then you can set all the spark tables except one really high so that all your spark it on one table to simplify things. I think BE2012 has the capability to playback your logs where 2010 cannot. (eecanalyzer required for that) i think 2012 is more expensive but it has more features. Have you checked out EECTUNING.ORG?

donnytrash

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Well I just got BE2010 and a D1L1 eec. Anyone want to help me with a base tune

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals