• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 Ranger Leveling after 3 in body lift 2wd

dalegibb1994

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I just recently out a 3in body lift on my 94 ford ranger. I want to try to level out the front end. I was thinking spring spacers or just going with new springs but im not sure how many inches 1.0? 1.5in? 2.0in? opinions??????

pocket-rocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
I bought the spring spacers to get by when I bought my 31's. They suck. Sure they are easy to install and do the job, but then you have to get different alignment bushings or you will kill your tires from the bottoms pointing towards each other. I ended up getting adjustable alignment bushings to get me by until I put my lift on. Once I started going, those stupid spring spacers were one of the first things to come out.

I went with a rough country 4" lift since it doesn't see any kind of abusive or rough driving other that some of the roads around here and I'm happy with it. I also kept my original alignment bushings and put those back in when I did the lift to bring the front end back into spec. The kit only raised the rear 3" while taking the front up 4" so mine has a leveled stance. It was also nice because my front springs were saggy and my shocks were shot but now all of that stuff is new. I did find I have a broken leaf on the passenger side and I'm not sure if it's from axle wrap (doubtful with a 2.3 and 3.73s) or if I over torqued the u bolt nuts, but I'm looking forward to buying some new 3" lift skyjacker springs so I can get rid of the blocks that the rear part of the kit came with. I've read those springs ride really nice.

dalegibb1994

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So to level out my truck you think I need at least 3 inches?? Will I also need longer shocks to go with that? By the way how does the truck run with 31 on it I have 235 75 15 which is a big difference from stock lol. I don't worry so much about rubbing with the 31 because of the body lift but I also have the problem child a4ld transmission and I just rebuilt it 20,000 miles ago but I did by pass the radiator cooler and just did a aftermarket cooler and seems to stay cooler now. but will 31 put a lot of stress on it you think??

pocket-rocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
Mines a manual so I can't say how it will have an effect on your auto. I do idle at about 10mph in first now, with 3.73. I do need to regear. I didn't originally because I had stock sized 14" tires before and hatred 3k at rpm 70mph. Now I don't go into 5th until 60+.

As for the ride, it's much smoother and feels nicer, you don't feel every single bump or crack in the road like before.

My suspension lift only took the front up an inch higher that the rear, so if I were you I would measure front and rear hight, put a jack under the front and lift till it's even and measure again, but like I said, my springs and shocks were shot. Then again my truck is almost at 250k on the clock.

dalegibb1994

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I actually just did put a jack the front up and it looked to be about 2 inches off the back and i know for sure my front springs are shot because they are the origanals so im going to go ahead and get 2 inch springs and that should level it out.

pocket-rocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
You may or may not need longer shocks. Worst case you could probably get 4wd shocks if the originals are too short. That should help keep costs down and you know they will bolt right in.

dalegibb1994

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i will tackle it when i get the springs no big deal but next will be 31 tires :headbang:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals