• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 Explorer A4LD Slips from DRIVE to NEUTRAL

dhinch279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have read through several of the How To's and I can't find my exact issue. What happens is I get in the Explorer, start it up, put it in D, drive half a block to the top of a hill and stop at a stop sign. It then feels like it drops into neutral and won't go anywhere for 15-20 seconds, then it will drop back into drive and I won't have to worry about it the rest of the day. It does this probably 3 times a week. The hill in front of my house is pretty steep and of course I park the explorer on that hill everyday. I checked to fluid levels and it checks out fine, so I'm not sure whats next. Any Transmission gurus out there that can help a fellow RBV'er out

EDIT: I read AllanD's sticky, so I will give as much information about the Explorer as I can

1994 Ford Explorer XLT
64,000 original miles
A4LD Automatic Transmission
Electric Transfer Case
BONE STOCK

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals