• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 B4000 front grille removal??

94_Mazda_4X4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys this is my first time here, I own a Pontiac Fiero that I putz around with as well as my 94 B4000 4X4. Someone recently pulled out in front of me and caused a fender bender. I need to replace some parts, I should replace the front bumper and brackets but being an old truck I figured I would just replace the easier things and let the bumper stay a little droopy.

So I bought a new plastic front grille, and as I'm looking at today to install it I notice that there are about 10 holes on the bottom and some where the headlights go. It looks as if I have to remove the bumper and the headlights just to install this grille. That seems absurd, but then again I work on a Fiero all the time so nothing surprises me. I was hoping maybe one of you could help explain the procedure for removing this thing. I always end up breaking clips, clamps, and other things that dry rot so I want to be prepared as to what to look for and not get stuck with my truck apart in the parking lot and having to go out for something etc...

Thanks in advance..

redneckbl89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
as far as i remember you dont have to remove the bumper.the only thing you have to remove is the corner lights because there are a few screws behind them. and there is also a screw behind the little plastic trim pieces between the grille and the bumper(circled in yellow in the pic)

94_Mazda_4X4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
OK thanks, I tried taking it off yesterday. I couldn't get to those screws under the black plastic corner pieces though. It looks like those corner pieces are for style and the bumper continues underneath. I might be wrong, and that would be great news if I could access those screws. But how do you take off the plastic molding without snapping the clips? I tried popping one off and only resulted in snapping a few clips and so I gave up.

redneckbl89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
theres really no way of getting it off without breaking those clips. you can go to advance or any parts store and get the clips for a few bucks.

there only there to really hide the gap between the bumper and the grille. if u take them off you can see a little bit of the painted part of the fenders.

94_Mazda_4X4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
OK I guess I'll be snapping em to pieces tomorrow. I tried getting my mits in there to push out from inside the bumper, but all I ended up doing was turnng my forearms into ground beef. Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals