• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 b4000 axle swap/offroad build

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I'm having a very hard time finding the motivation to get this thing back to working order just to sell it off and the more i look at it sitting there knowing what it is capable of the more I want to build it into a completely different truck. build it into a stripped down rig with the bare minimum needed to get the job done right.

make a truggy out of it... :icon_bounceblue::icon_bounceblue:

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
Or!.build it back to the ttb like you originally planned.and sell it to fund the ex. 2 rigs gets expensive fast

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
or! make a truggy out of it, but not like a back half tubed only truggly. make removable bedsides and... and... do 42's on it... on 1 tons and 1 linked w/ airbags so your ride height is adjustable... and... and... and.... JUST DO IT!

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
.and sell it to fund the ex. 2 rigs gets expensive fast
if I do build it most likely it will still end up selling it. not gonna try and keep two wheelers going. i have all sorts of ideas for the exp which require money. but i would like to build it and possiably sell it to a fellow club member for a song. and best part is they know exactly what its all about so no tire kicking going on.

KJULY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F'N FORD!!
Transmission
Automatic
Hey the weld looks good.. Who cares if it looks like crap, as long as its heavy duty and the welds good enough for your girl!!mmmkay

Rotagotideas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
night wheeling

I know this is all the way back on pg 15 but
ive only "Planned" to go wheelin like twice this summer but the oportunity showed it'self and I couldnt pass it up. This past weekend I was workin at a benefit dinner for a guy we race with. after it was over everyone started talkin bout goin wheelin so we went home got our truck's and met back up had a great time doin a lil night wheelin.

Acctually most of my wheelin is done at night. very seldom do we wheel when it's light out
night wheeling is where it's at for sure, more fun. at 2am everyone else is asleep and no one to call cops on ya usually. It's also how I got the majority of my trail scratches and dents :thefinger: since someone usually comes up with the idea after a few brews. :icon_cheers:
I used to have a 83 solid axle toyota offroad rig. (bought and built in 2 days bumpers + leaf shackles + leaf mounts) that after i broke the head lights decided to feel my way through by buddies back 40 one night.

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
our reasone for night wheelin is that that is bout the only time that the whole club can get together. otherwise someone is working or spending time with their fam or whatnot.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know this is all the way back on pg 15 but

night wheeling is where it's at for sure, more fun. at 2am everyone else is asleep and no one to call cops on ya usually. It's also how I got the majority of my trail scratches and dents :thefinger: since someone usually comes up with the idea after a few brews. :icon_cheers:
I used to have a 83 solid axle toyota offroad rig. (bought and built in 2 days bumpers + leaf shackles + leaf mounts) that after i broke the head lights decided to feel my way through by buddies back 40 one night.
No that is how you get trails shut down and a bad name for offroaders who don't do stupid things like get drunk and wreck our trails, nice job:nono::temper:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
No that is how you get trails shut down and a bad name for offroaders who don't do stupid things like get drunk and wreck our trails, nice job:nono::temper:

When it's stuff like this is doesn't matter if it's private property or property you have rights to. When people see or hear it they put us all in one category. And it ruins it for every one. I know you said buddies property and I'm sure you had permission but a lot of people do not see it that way..

Rotagotideas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Some important details got left out

99% of the wheeling we do around here IS on private property WITH PERMISSION. With the crops out of fields right now it opens up more mudding spots and access to bushes :D. We prefer to mud / wheel at night so that neighboors that don't know fawk all that we have permission don't call the cops and then have to explain to the cops who owns the land and that's who we have permission from. And a third of our wheeling areas is a stone's throw away from a friend or relative's house.

Sorry for the http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/images/smilies/trs_smilies_signs/offtopic.gif http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/images/smilies/trs_smilies_signs/threadjacked.gif

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
WELP. truck should be gone by sunday. trading it like it sits for a set of 38X15X15 swamper sx's (85%+ tread) and a set of 35X14X15 boggers (75%+ tread). the SX's will end up on the explorer and the boggers will end up on the B2. All it really needs is ALOT of time put into it. it will be sad to see it go but i'm really glad that it will end up being built back up again. I had alot of good times in this truck and it ALLWAYS did me good. 99% of all the offroad goodies have been stripped off of her. sending it on its way with 2 complete sets of bumpers and the headache rack as well. so he will have plenty of options of direction to go. he just sold his bobtailed deuce and a half so should have a good time building this one said he's looking for somthing more street friendly.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
:sad:

but i learned so much from this truck build... :sad:
just reading it offers a lot of info and tech.

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well i'm glad that i'm not the only one that learned alot on that build.

Oh yeah and the new owner (shortly) was scratchin his head tryin to figure out what the cutout in the box side was for since there is no highlift in it. wrote him a 3 page summary of whats done and needs to be done to the truck. he was baffeled at how detailed it was and how honest i was. i somehow forgot to mention what that was for.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
It was one of the two trucks that inspired me to do my D30 SAS. This is the last of the two and it will also be gone.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals