• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94/95 5.0L 302 swap into 08 Ford Ranger

brycecopeland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 2008 ranger built into a prerunner. Im planning(hopefully) to take my rangers stock engine(6cyl 3.0) and swap it with a 94/95 mustang 5.0L 302 engine. Im wondering if this is a good idea, or if anybody has any other suggestions? and what do u suggest i do with the rest of the tranny/drivetrain? Im looking to make this thing fast and mean for off road racing. -Bryce

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
been done lots of times.....but you may run into emissions problems if it is a road car....depending on what state you are in

brycecopeland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, im planning on registering it as an off road only vehicle. Would I use the same tranny as the 5.0 or something else?

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
is your a 4x4 or 2wd.....if 2wd just use the trans from the mustang..... if it is a 4x4 i think advance adapters has a t-case adapter for the mustangs to slap on a 1354 t-case. there are lots of things you could use. like if you want it real time 4wd all the time i would swap in a t-case from an exploder with the trans. there are a lot of ways on doing this swap

check out the tec pages for more help
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/index.php
left hand side of the page are a few nice write ups

brycecopeland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
it is a 2wd and i'd like to keep it 2wd..but as of now it is an automatic and i'd like to put a manuel tranny in it. so i would just pick up the same tranny for the 5.0 but just a manuel transmission?

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
ya that is the way i would go....you need to hang some petals...and probably a clutch line and slave cylinder.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals