• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 2/3 drop

Spleen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
So I’ve done a little digging on the topic but answers are a bit vague and scattered. I have a 94’ long bed 2wd, during the off months when it’s put away I plan to lower it a bit. As much as I’d like to do dream beams the cost would be a bit up there for what I’m looking to do and a 3/4 drop might be just a bit much for my taste. I had an 06’ I went 2/2 on and liked it but wish I had done an axle flip and went a little lower in the back so this leads me to where I’m at today.

My understanding is if I do 2” drop coils in the front and a flip kit in the rear with longer shackles that should get me ABOUT 2/3 (I say it like that as I know it varies a bit for everyone)? From what I gather 2” drop coils should be fine in the front and not cause any alignment issues, it seems to be the 3” drop coils that lead to that and at that point I’d do dream beams anyway. As far as the rear goes it’s been my understanding the DJM flip kit gives you roughly 4” with the stock shackles so my thought process is the flip kit with extended shackles should land me around 3” or do I have something mixed up there? My 06 I had dropped 2/2 with DJM drop coils in the front and shorter shackles in the rear, so while it’s not my first I beam Ranger it’ll be my first time lowering one and my first time doing an axle flip. Just want to cover all grounds before I start ordering parts.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
You are pushing the limits with the 2 inch coils, and your suspension travel will be next to nothing up front. Eyeball the rubber stops you have now and subtract 2 inches from that to visualize how much suspension travel you will be left with.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals