• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93TM-AA Vs. 95TM-AD Heads

DPDISXR4Ti

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I'm contemplating doing a 4.0 swap into a Merkur Scorpio and I'm trying to decide between an engine with the 93TM oval chambers or the 95TM heart chambers. You can read about it elsewhere, but in short, the 95TM-AD casting that came out in ’95 had the heart-shaped, fast-burn chambers that shrouded the intake valves.

The data is a little sketchy, but it seems from what I've read that there was a 8HP drop (160 to 152) in performance from the later 95TM-headed engine. If true, that should make the decision easy and the answer is to go with a donor from a '93/4 Ranger or '95/6 Aerostar with the 93TM heads. But I haven't read anything reputable that really discusses why the changes were made (probably emissions-driven) and if it did truly result in a drop of power output.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals