• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93 3.0 No Spark!

kaozkontroller

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Im at a loss trying to diagnose this ignition problem...I need this truck to get to work 20 miles away and it's driving me crazy.
This all started when I had to drop the transmission to replace the clutch. I don't know if it matters but the speedometer plug was duct taped to the cable to keep it connected...

'93 Ranger 3.0 2WD 5spd

Engine cranks but won't turn over...
No spark from the ignition coil
Voltage shows 12v at the coil with key "off", but not with key in "run" or "start"
All the fuses in the power block look intact
Multimeter needle didn't register any changes on the switching wire for the coil when trying to crank the engine
Cranked with SPOUT connector out- no change.
Replaced Ignition Module - no change.
Fuel Pump and gauges/dash lights come on as normal.
Check Engine light flashes 33, then 1, then 33 with EEC Jumper KOEO

HELP.

Wiring Diagram
http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp?fromSearchPage=true&pageId=0996b43f802c54bb&partName=WIRING+DIAGRAMS&partId=0996b43f802c54bb

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals