• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92 ranger stx clutch issues?

kokopelli

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
ok, so my kid brother has a 92 ford ranger stx 4x4 with a 2.9L engine and a 5 speed standard trans. i have not had a chance to look at it yet but he says that in the morning when it's cold the truck is hard to get into gear as if the clutch is not disengaging and later in the day as it warms up the truck begins to shift a little better... not alot but a little better. i haven't had many standard tranny vehicles so i'm not sure of what the problem might be. any body got any ideas?
i know the rangers have a fluid clutch and i did get a second to top off the clutch master cylinder even tho it was not very low at all. i've had people mention changing fluids and bleeding the line but i know nothing about where or how to start with this. i'm pretty good at figuring things out so if someone that knows what would cause this problem could point me in the right direction with a little bit of details i'm sure i could get his truck running properly for him again. i'm sure he'ld appreciate not having to spend the money for a shop to fix it. thank you for your time and happy holidays everyone! :icon_hornsup:

kokopelli

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
idk little bro says the truck runs great since topping off the clutch fluid level...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals