• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'92 GM 6.5 electrical trouble, need help!

blue83ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
my uncle has a 1992 GMC 2500 4x4 with the 6.5 and a manual transmission. Here's what i was told happened. He was driving home then the tach and speedometer would get pegged then fall to zero often then they went dead. After that the ALT quit so he put a new one on, no change in the speedo/tach and it still doesn't charge. He then noticed a fuse blown (gauge curcuit) so he switched that with a good one and went to start it and the fuse blew right away. I'm not sure if it's related or not but it has a fuel leak at the fuel filter canister/water seperator where the wires come out of it. and he said there are 2 groupings of wires coming out of it and one set was unhooked when he got it, he's the 2nd owner and he knows the 1st pretty good. So, any thoughts on this? If you need more info. i can get it, just let me know what. thanks for any help.

blue83ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
he figured it out. I didn't look at it but he said on the filter canister/ water seperator the wires had gotten hot and melted and shorted out causing the fuse to blow and the fuel leak. So it's back on the road still sounding like a washing machine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals