• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92 Ford Ranger... different front end lowering techniques

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Ok I have been hanging out with some new buddies here lately and they are into the mini truckin. I have an 86 B2 and I have been into more 4x4 things. Well I got a 92 Ranger from my dad and have been thinking more and more about doing a static drop and then bag it. I know with the rangers you have to get the dream beam kit which looks to run $300+. A buddy of mine lowered his 89 Ranger and used the front clip from a s-10. The down side is it would change the lug pattern. Is there a particular year s-10 that would be best. I also heard an older model Toyota pick up would work and that would keep the same lug pattern. Any other ways I could lower the truck the front end without throwing off the camber? I have the know-how to do anything that can be done and I have more time that money. I can probably pick up an old s-10 for $100-200 and then scrap the body and get my money back.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Drop springs and a rear shackle flip would give you 2inches of drop in front and rear for less than $250.
If you're clipping it, then Mustang II front ends, and Toyota clips are the most common swaps since the bolt pattern is the same. But a clip swap is going to cost more, and take way more work than a set of beams. Keep in mind, that you'd still have to buy drop components for whatever suspension clip you swap in. Also, any amount of front drop is going to need a realignment or your truck will become a tire eating machine, so factor that into your budget as well.

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dream beams are the way to go. Years back a friend did it to his ranger and it took him a day to do it. Its not difficult just time consuming. He also found that a certain year Nissan hardbody rear shock was a bolt on for the rear shocks and give you air ride. The kit from the parts store gives you both shocks, the line, and connectors. Between that and spring under he could was about 6-7" lower in the rear. Shackles can get you even lower.

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals