• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

91 ranger i beam extension

Rvall96

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hey I have a 91 ford ranger super cab 4x4 5speed 4.0L and I want to extend my I beams so I can get more travel and it looks cooler.

I heard that I could use the I beams from a F150 and all I have to do is change the mounts. However before I buy the I beams out of an f150 I want to know if that is even possible, and what I would have to do to do it. If anyone has done this it was be great if they could share the specs for the swap. Any input is much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It has been done but it's not a bolt on type of mod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
There was a member on TRS that made beam WIY mounts that would take both d-35 and d-44 axles. His name is Copykat but you won't find him here anymore. You can try searching other b-II forums. He may still be making them or maybe someone has a set to sell. I bought a set and they are very good quality. With some research you could find the exact dimensional differences and maybe make your own.
Another option would be to use the d-44 outer on the d-35 beams. I'm not sure exactly how much wider that would get you but I think ~3" each side and it gives you a better bearing spacing. You can check the tech section, there is a write up there.
Good luck,

Richard

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals