• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

91 Ford Ranger XLT starting issues

Zaon Prime

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Okay got the new capacitor and looking at it, it looks a little small and uses a different connector, if I could post picture I would. It doesn't look like,i,can get it in with out splicing it. It is a generic capacitor

Zaon Prime

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Update:

Alrighty I have the capacitor, but in had to do a location change and lost the hardware to keep it in place during to the tow. If any one could help me out with the specs of that screw, that would be a major help.
I went out and bought and a new flywheel, which I dropped the tranny and installed earlier today. Not quite finished putting everything back together. Now I just have to hope the flywheel doesn't get destroyed this time. Both starter and flywheel are entirely new so grinding shouldn't occur based off of previously used teeth.
I think the grind would have to be engaging the key to ignition while the truck is already on. There isn't anything stoping the starter from trying to engage the flywheel so it goes for it and messes each other up. I have had a few times where the truck would "pretend" stall where it would just all quiet after feeling like it has stalled.
That is just me guessing from what I have noticed

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals