• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'90 Ranger Radiator Core Support Bushings Removal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD RANGER XLT
Transmission
Manual
Howdy fellers, I'm in the process of replacing the bushings and I'm at a standstill. I've got the bottom bushings off both sides, went to jack up the radiator support enough to get the hardware and top bushings out but it won't jack up high enough, I started raising the front of the truck. Question is...what else do I have to remove to jack it up about 2 more inches?

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I just did all the body mounts, and they recommended loosening one side and taking the other side out and jacking up one side at a time. In other words, I jacked up one whole side (it is a BII) did those bushings, then let it down and jack up the other side and did those.

If you wanted to keep doing what you want to do, I would imagine you need to take loose the front cab mounts, and loosen the rear cab mounts. Get ready, this usually is not a fun job with broken bolts and rusted mounts.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD RANGER XLT
Transmission
Manual
I just did all the body mounts, and they recommended loosening one side and taking the other side out and jacking up one side at a time. In other words, I jacked up one whole side (it is a BII) did those bushings, then let it down and jack up the other side and did those.

If you wanted to keep doing what you want to do, I would imagine you need to take loose the front cab mounts, and loosen the rear cab mounts. Get ready, this usually is not a fun job with broken bolts and rusted mounts.
I'm not gonna get into all that, I'm too old and my partner Arthur Itis is no help at all. Seeing as how I've got two new top bushings on the way I'm gonna go a different route...I already have one top bushing out (cut thru it on one side and pulled it out from around the bolt), I'm gonna put them back in the same way. I'll make a cut down one side and and fish them into place, glue the ends together, and put a worm drive clamp around it just to make sure it doesn't come apart
I know that's not the way to do it, but with my age and health being what they are..............That's the way I'm gonna do it. THANX for your reply, it gave me enough to think about so I could figure out just what to do. It really did help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals