• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'90 Ranger Horn Problem

tw205

Bronco II Rancher.
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6” skyjacker 2” body
Tire Size
33x12.5
I think I found the problem by accident. I had one of the new horns hooked up with jumper wires to the battery and all I could get when I made contact with one of the wires was that bump sound again. I was already aggravated but then I just got plain ol' pissed off, called it a bad name and smacked it with a hammer and it started blowing. I unhook the wire (alligator clips), it stops blowing, then when I reconnect the wire I get the bump sound once more, I smack it again and it starts blowing. Hooked up the other new horn the same way and that horn does the same thing. So, both horns blow just fine and loud but I have to smack both of them to make them work. I hooked up an old horn from my Dodge van to the horn wire and grounded it and when I press the steering wheel the horn blows with each press of the steering wheel. So, the clock spring and everything is good to go, my old horns are no good any more and the new horns are apparently junk. I'm going to play with the new ones a little more to see if I can get them to work correctly, if not I'll have to get two more new ones.
Words of power and a little Tonya Harding action. Who knew?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals