• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

89 2.9 with a few problems still

Crashtest84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok so some time back I put lifters in to help the tick, made it better but didn't go away. It comes and goes as it wants. Truck has 183k on it so im sure the oil pump and bearings are all letting the oil pressure down. Thats not my problem though, the truck runs ok most the time keyword being most. When its started cold it doesn't want to idle on its own for a lil bit just like it was carbed. But it drives really good for some time then starts to get a miss under load. If you lightly accelerate it does ok but if you go oh say anything over half throttle it wont even get out of its own way. After it sets for a lil bit and cools it seems to be ok again for a lil bit then does its again.

list of stuff done on the truck new O2 new mani temp sens cap plugs and wires new. It has jba headers.. they were free on a parts truck I bought so i thought hey why not. Could the mapp sens cause something like this? Only other thing i really haven't checked out is the tps but I don't think its ever been touched.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals