• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 Ranger Fuel Pumps Wont Work.

SykoRanger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
My 88 ranger has a low and hi fuel pump and it just completely died one day driving it home, off like a light switch.I have a new low pressure in tank pump in it, we tested the relays i think one is fuel pump relay and the other is fuel injection relay or something. we checked the inertia switch and tested it, we put power to the hi pressure pump and it works fine but for some reason the pumps arent getting power to them.

You can key it on and theres no power going to them, is there anything else im missing? another relay or some type of connection, sensor, switch or anything? at this point im thinking maybe some type of wiring problem, it has 160k miles i figured it was a pump at first because when you key it on you didnt hear the pump power on as usual. Thanks for any help not sure what else to do just looking for guidance.

chilsam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 branger
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
300 six
Transmission
Automatic
Check Relay

on the pass side above the front wheel turn ignition and listen for a 'click' if that works check the inertia switch mounted on the pass side floor board by the heater duct. "under carpet".:icon_welder:

SykoRanger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
Yea we checked relays and the inertia switch.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals