• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 Ex Cab Minitruck on Juice

dragginNCrds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Whats going on guys, i just recently picked up a 88 Ranger Ex Cab 2wd for a project i been working on. I have been building a full tube chassis for a mini truck over the past few years and had that truck running and driving but not complete. when we were moving the truck decided to catch fire inside my enclosed trailer and did a lot of damage. The truck was going to be a s10 with a full ford drivetrain but seeing as this is the second time this truck has tried or exceeded in catching on fire i decided it no longer wanted to be a s10 with a better heart so my next thought was to "hey build what you started out with 15 years ago...." a ex cab ranger. so i picked up a 88 2wd that has a IMMACULATE body on it with zero rust and very few dents or dings. so i will be pulling that body off the ranger and putting it onto my chassis which consist of the following, Mustang II IFS, Ford T-bird based 8.8 IRS, ford 4.6 2v with AOD and to top it off for the old school mini trucks Hydraulics. i have a lot of work into the chassis as it is and i don't want to see it go to waste so i will be repurposing it for the ranger build. i will post some pictures about it shortly and the build will begin soon. making room in the garage this weekend to get both trucks side by side.

dragginNCrds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Here is when the fire happened
BF531079-6420-4C9D-9494-870F3D294DE4.jpeg

Starting to tear it apart and figure out what needs to be replaced
CDA1136D-3BA8-43EA-AF49-7BB8EDC23472.jpeg

And the beauty of a truck that will now be a minitruck

7093032E-00E4-40DD-A48A-627F3E191587.jpeg
D4BBC5FC-04AF-4F8A-9B43-CD6985A4BEA4.jpeg

I will have a rendering done soon to show the full picture in my head

Andrew.V

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008 fx4 1988
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
I'm looking forward to see where this goes

dragginNCrds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm looking forward to see where this goes
If it gets like my head it will be bad. 4.6 v8 with a IRS... on the ground. Working on a rendering now

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals