• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

86 Bronco retaining clip fell out when removing door panel.

PHRoG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Greetings TRS folks!

I recently acquired an 86 Bronco for my daughter to use and for us to work on together as a project rig. Obligatory pic:

download_20200520_182450.jpg

Today we were tightening up the mirror bracket on the passenger side and the nut was spinning so we had to remove the door cover to access it. In the process, the window crank spring and an unknown metal retaining clip fell out.

The spring was easy to figure out but I can't figure out where the heck this guy goes and haven't been able to match it up against anything on a Google search. Can anyone tell me where it's supposed to go? The retainer:

20200527_224116.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:

PHRoG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Accidental double post.

Last edited:

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Greetings TRS folks!

I recently acquired an 86 Bronco II for my daughter to use and for us to work on together as a project rig. Obligatory pic:

View attachment 43002

Today we were tightening up the mirror bracket on the passenger side and the nut was spinning so we had to remove the door cover to access it. In the process, the window crank spring and an unknown metal retainin

That KS in Adcanxe.g clip fell out. The spring was easy to figure out but I can't figure out where the heck this guy goes and haven't been able to match it up against anything on a Google search. Can anyone tell me where it's supposed to go? The retainer:

View attachment 43003

Thanks!
That is not a Bronco II. That is a full size. I believe 3rd gen regular bronco. Made from 80-86.

I'm sure a Ford guru will be along shortly to help answer your question. And welcome!

PHRoG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Haha, wow, really? As a lifetime Ford fan I'm totally embarrassed 😂. Especially having owned a ranger, exploder, a few F150s and currently an F250 7.3t.

Literally got it a few days ago from a friend...could've swore they had said it's a BII when I bought it. I honestly haven't checked as I've been working 12-15 hour days since. It was steal so I just wrote the check and daughter drove off in it.

Posted over FSB at first but then came here once I realized a full size was different.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
I'll give ya tree fiddy for it.

PHRoG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Sure, will get some more pics this evening. It's super nice, but, def still 34 years old tho. 73k orig miles and I'm only the 3rd owner. 2nd owner only had it 2 years and didn't even put 3k miles on it. It's gonna be a blast restoring and upgrading it!

Still scratching my head on this stupid clip. Guess I can pull the driver's side this evening and see if I can find it's twin.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals